XVII

February 25th
9:44 pm
Milton, Massachusetts

~ Omniscient ~

"Marie I honestly don't know what to do, I want to kill him!" Robyn yelled into the phone while typing the rest of her information into her computer. She heard Marie take a deep breath on the other end of the phone, feeling that her best friend was agitated by this whole situation also.

"So have you tried to talk to him or something? Maybe the whole thing is fake-."

"It's not fake cause the bitch came over wearing this tight ass shirt. I seen the baby bump with my own fucking eyes and I almost threw up. Then after the fact, while the hoe was still in the house, he gon try to come up to me and tell me this doesn't mean anything. Like what?! This is a whole ass baby, how the hell does it not mean anything?!" Robyn glanced to the side of her to make sure she didn't wake Nori up. But the baby was still surprisingly fast asleep.

"Listen, I know I've said multiple times that I only liked or shipped you with him...but at this point it's time we move on. Clearly he hasn't grown in some aspects of his life." Robyn bitterly chuckled, replaying Marie's words in her head.

She couldn't deny his maturity in some ways, but in terms of them and whatever they had going on, he was still on the same stuff.

"But the thing is, I don't want to feel like I'm overreacting. I'm mad about all this shit, but then I think about the fact that I knew he was with somebody-."

"So in other words, he was treating you like a side bitch and you let him. Meaning, he doesn't respect you and that's even more of a reason to get all your shit and go." Robyn ran her hand through her hair, ultimately feeling nothing but stress. 5 days later and nothing was getting better.

"I don't know...it's weird and complicated. Legally, we're still together which technically means ole girl is a mistress or something. But then on the flip side, Maurice and I never necessarily acted married besides the ring he got me. So I- guess I was playing the side bitch role." Robyn mumbled, utter disappointment laced in her voice.

She always vowed to never be that woman or play that role because it was wrong. She knew exactly how it felt when Maurice stepped out on her, so allowing herself to be the other woman made her sick. She felt like for the past weeks, she was on a high being back in his presence again. But now that reality was settling in, she wasn't proud of any of that.

"Nami's waking up so I have to go, but please remember everything I said." Robyn nodded before giving Marie a small send off.

She looked all around the room, seeing nothing but signs of Maurice. Picking up Nori softly, Robyn laid her in her arms and rocked her slowly, just staring at her daughter. If there was one person that could keep her sane in times she was hurt, it would always be Nori.

"My baby." She whispered, giving Nori a small kiss on her cheek. Hearing the front door open downstairs, Robyn bit the inside of her cheek to keep calm. She knew once Maurice walked into the room, all hell would break loose. So she decided it would be best to bring Nori to her room, not wanting her in the middle of their conflict.

As soon as she walked out of the baby room, she could see Maurice walking into hers, but he stopped as soon as he reached the door frame. Robyn took a big gulp, seeing the way his body tensed at the sight of her clothes scattered and some of them packed.