LII

September 13th
9;47 am
Dorchester, Massachusetts

~ Omniscient ~

"Maurice stop being difficult and come on

"Maurice stop being difficult and come on." Robyn whined, pulling on his arm again. He snatched it back and shot her a warning glare, telling her to get off of him before he kicked her.

"Nigga stop talking to me-."

"Stop cursing on a Sunday and stop acting like you're mad at me. I didn't even do anything to you so let's go." She huffed out in frustration, reaching down to grab Nori who was walking in circles next to her. Maurice sucked his teeth and pushed Robyn out of the way a little bit as he got out of the car. Reaching back in, he leaned over to open up the glove compartment, grabbing his beretta.

"What the hell are you doing? You're not bringing a gun into church Maurice. Put it down." Robyn hit his arm, nearly making the gun drop. Maurice took a deep inhale to stop himself from snapping on her, but he was already on edge from what she did to him a couple days prior. So nagging him all morning wasn't something that he found pleasing.

Robyn randomly woke up and decided that it would be a good idea for them to go to church, despite the fact they were still supposed to be looking over their shoulders. They had Nori because Robyn missed her, so she wanted to bring her to church. She never got christened or anything like that, and Robyn wanted that blessing over her. Not today because it was something very last minute, but she wanted to at least feel the church out a little bit. Possibly make it a regular thing for them to do weekly.

"And who the fuck are you to tell me what I can and can't do? You think niggas care about church or not when they got a motive? Hell no, so I'm not bout to be the idiot to not keep my shit on me. Now go before I get back in this car and drive home." Robyn mugged Maurice before rolling her eyes, adjusting the tight dress she wore. She tried to get Maurice to dress up a little more formal, but he insisted on wearing his tracksuit and a hat, claiming if he was going to go then he was going to be comfortable.

"Mommy I'm sleepy." Robyn smiled hearing Nori say a full sentence, as days went on she was getting better and better at them. To be 2, she was very advanced which was something that Maurice was very strict about. He was definitely the more lenient parent, but when it came to Nori's education and intelligence, he paid tons of money for it and made sure he got his money's worth.

"Yeah, I don't know what the hell your momma got going on with this shit." Maurice mumbled, reaching out to grab Nori from Robyn's arms. Robyn rolled her eyes and clutched her purse, her heels singing along the concrete with each step she took. She was a little nervous to be attending because she knew the church was probably full of judgmental older people who would only look down on her and Maurice, but she was there for herself, not them.