XXXVII

June 9th
11:23 am
Milton, Massachusetts

~ Omniscient ~

"What the hell your momma got in here to eat?" Maurice muttered, his entire body bent over and searching through the nearly empty fridge

"What the hell your momma got in here to eat?" Maurice muttered, his entire body bent over and searching through the nearly empty fridge. He began to grow annoyed, seeing absolutely nothing that seemed appetizing to him. All there was were fruits, vegetables, and baby food.

"Nori!" He called out, gaining her attention. She gave him a wide smile, showing off the 4 teeth she now had in her mouth. Maurice smiled too, watching as she placed her little toys on the ground.

"Robyn ain't pack nothing, no damn instructions, the hell I'm supposed to- you know what, we ain't staying here. Not bout to be starving and stressing out bout this shit, come on." Maurice leaned down, scooping up Nori from off of the floor. He was on daddy duties alone for the first time and he had no idea what to do. Robyn just woke up and decided it would be his time to be with Nori alone and she left without telling him what to do.

He wasn't even planning on dedicating his entire day to Robyn or Nori. He only stopped by her house because she claimed it was an emergency, but when he got there she was fully dressed and ready to leave out the door. So he had no choice but to stay with the baby.

"Animal!" Nori yelled, pointing towards the TV where Curious George played. Maurice turned around, his eyes going to the screen that she was focused on. Grabbing the remote, he cut the TV off and grabbed the baby bag from the side of the couch. He assumed Robyn already had it packed, so he didn't add anything else.

"I hope you don't still use diapers." He mumbled, laying Nori down on the couch. Robyn always told him that she needed to be checked before they ever went anywhere, but Maurice didn't quite know how to do it. He knew how to undress a baby, but anything after that he was clueless.

He allowed Nori to grab her pacifier from on the table, shoving it in her mouth lazily. It looked like she was getting ready to take a nap which would be a great thing in Maurice's head. Make his life a little easier at least until he figured out what to do with her.

"You got to be fucking kidding me." He mumbled once her pants were completely off. He stared at the diaper, not even knowing how to take it off properly. Taking an annoyed sigh, he snatched his phone from out of his back pocket. Nori was in her own little world which he was thankful for, because the last thing he needed was for her to be all hyper while he was trying to get her together.

He cursed under his breath once he pressed Robyn's contact name. He absolutely hated having to turn to her for help because it was always an 'I told you so' moment. Months prior, Robyn tried to teach Maurice how to put and take off a diaper correctly. But he never listened, claiming he didn't need the guidance and it couldn't be all that hard.