XXX

April 21st
4:56 pm
The Dunes East Hampton, NY

~ Omniscient ~

Maurice focused his attention on the image in front of him, guiding his paintbrush slowly against the wall to fill up the edges of the portrait with color

Maurice focused his attention on the image in front of him, guiding his paintbrush slowly against the wall to fill up the edges of the portrait with color. He was at peace, the most peaceful he been since arriving at the rehab center.

It had only been a little over a week since he was dropped off, and he didn't do much but paint and write. Painting was one of his main escapes, something that he did when he didn't have access to any drugs or the people he could trust around him. He slowed down on it a lot once he found other methods to escape, those that took him completely out of reality. But since he had no access to those anymore, he was forced to pick up his paintbrush.

In terms of writing, that was one of Maurice's hidden talents that he made sure to keep sheltered and closed off from everyone else. He wasn't embarrassed or ashamed of it, he just didn't feel it was necessary to make it known, especially not to Robyn because she would obsess over it. Since that day she picked up his notebook and grew curious, he hid the book and his talent. Maurice sang when he was bored, but nobody had ever heard his voice because they simply didn't need to.

"Hey..." Maurice kept his attention on the display in front of him, feeling there was no need for him to acknowledge the voice behind him. He felt his silence would non verbally pass the message that he didn't want to be bothered, but once the presence of the other person didn't go away, he realized they didn't get the hint.

"Um did you-."

"I'm doing something, can you exit?" He mumbled, his tongue sticking out from the side of his mouth a little bit due to him working the corner of the painting. Maurice took a deep sigh, feeling whoever this person was still standing behind him. He hated when people couldn't read the room and understand when he didn't want to be bothered..even if it was 90% of the time.

"Do niggas here not speak English?! I'm doing something, please remove yourself from my space." Maurice huffed, finally turning around to get a look at the person. It was a girl, she was a tall girl and a little thick. She had caramel skin which complimented her curly jet black hair that she had in a tight, neat bun on top of her head. Naturally, Maurice's eyes trailed from her feet to her face and back down to her feet, just to get a good glance at her.

"I didn't mean to disturb, but they told us to find a partner and spark up conversation. Everyone else seemed to be taken, so I came over here." Maurice's eyes scanned the rest of the room, seeing everyone else in pairs. Looking up at the girl again, he rolled his eyes before turning back towards what he was doing.

"You can sit, but if you disturb me I would have to snap your neck." He mumbled almost inaudibly, but the girl still heard him. Hesitantly, she took a seat next to him and just stared at him, admiring how passionate he looked about his painting.