There was no answer, and the only thing I could hear were the clicks of my shoes and my mind telling me that she could be dead.

"Y/N!!" my voice echoed.

"C-Connor!" I heard her call out for me faintly.

Her voice led me to a room with a wooden door, that was unlocked.

I slowly and quietly opened the door to observe the room.

The door was in the very corner of the room, so neither of them could see me.

I tip-toed through the doorway and suddenly locked eyes with Y/N.

She was quivering and I could tell that she was about to say something when I brought my index finger to my lips, indicating her to not speak.

I pulled my gun out of my holster but I wasn't going to shoot him. I'm not gonna kill him. I wanted to feel the relief of putting him behind bars.

I ran behind the criminal and hit him in the head with my gun.

He collapsed, but I hit him so hard I thought he might be out for at least an hour or two.

Tears filled my eyes, as I brought my attention to her, ran to her bruise covered body and put my gun back into its holster.

I unbuckled the belts holding her down, which left marks on her wrists and ankles.

I looked at her (E/C) eyes which glimmered with tears and she reached out for me like a child.

I picked her up and carried her bridal style and I stood there running my fingers through her still beautiful hair.

"Connor, I-I'm pretty sure I can stand. What did I tell you about carrying me?" she said while smiling.

I would've protested but I put her down and I hugged her.

"I-I'm sorry, Y/N."
"For what?"
"For this. I would've done something or should've, or could've-"
"Connor," she pulled back from our embrace, looking into my eyes.

"Mmhmm?"
"Shut up," she chuckled. "Don't go blaming yourself, for something you couldn't have possibly prevented. Don't. Promise me? Please?" my wife asked, looking at me seriously.

I sighed, knowing everything she just said was right. I blamed myself for her kidnapping, and I know that I shouldn't but I can't. I need to protect her. Always. But she's making me promise her, and I told her when we got married that I'll never break a promise. Not ever.

"Okay. I promise. I just don't like to see you hurt like this."
"I'm not hurt, I'm perfect. Well more than perfect, now that you're here."

I smiled at her, happy to see her alive. But on the inside, behind my smile I was felt... sad, I think. Because my scanners were telling me that she wasn't fine, she was emotionally traumatized. And she was hiding it from me.

We were silent for a while, still holding each other until Y/N spoke up.

"Honey, I... I want to know who he is."
"Who?"
She gestured to the guy on the floor, who I had just knocked out.