Ch. 41-Little Girl

Ch. 41-Little Girl

*Danielle's POV

Today is January third. It's been a great day so far. Liam got back from filming today. He came over for a quick lunch along with Violet and Niall. Liam seemed down though. Kind of guilty, actually. Liam and Niall had to leave because they promised Zayn they'd help him with something.

So now Violet and I are watching 'So You Think You Can Dance' on TV.

Max is sitting between us, contently eating chocolate ice cream out of the bucket. Maybe I'm not the best mother to my baby, letting him eat like that. He'll probably rot his teeth and get a major brain-freeze. That's okay though. I love Max so damn much. Maybe I don't express that enough. I'm lucky to have him in my life.

I waited until Max was born to know his gender. If he was a girl, I was going to name him Daisy. I just think it's a really cute and girly name.

"Hey Violet," I asked, turning to her. "Yeah?" She asked, turning the volume down a little bit. "Do you think you and Niall will ever get married?" I asked. I looked into her eyes as she thought of her answer. Max turned to look up at her too.

Violet blushed, "I hope so. I'd love to have kids, and have a family with Niall. I love him." I smiled, "Your relationship is adorable." Violet's blush turned pinker, "I just don't know if Niall feels the same about me."

"Trust me girl, he does."

*

My iPhone started ringing about twenty minutes later. I leaned forward on the sofa, and picked up my phone from the coffee table. "Hello?" I asked, picking up. Violet turned the volume on the TV down again. I climbed off the couch and walked into the kitchen so it'd be quieter.

"Is this Danielle Peazer?" Asked a nervous sounding woman. "Yes, this is she." I confirmed, leaning on the counter. "I-I need you and your son to come down to St. Bernard's hospital right away..." I furrowed my eyebrows, "What's going on?" I itched my eyebrow awkwardly.

"Um... It's very important, so get you and your son down here as soon as you can." My eyes widened, "Please tell me what's going on," I begged, "Is something wrong with Max's head?" I heard the woman gulp, "Danielle, just please get down here. Now." In fear, I hung up the phone on her.

I put the phone back on the counter, my hands shaking. I peeked around the corner from the kitchen to the living room. Max was lying across the couch where I'd previously been sitting. Max was trying to grab his toes, giggling madly. Violet was watching him with an amused expression on her face.

I walked into the living room again, "Okay baby, we have to go out for a while."

His little head turned towards me, a giant grin still on his face. Violet put her hands under Max's armpits, and sat him up again. "Where do you have to go?" Asked Violet. "T-The hospital..." I whispered, tears welling up in my eyes. Violet's eyes widened, "What's wrong?"

I shrugged, "I have no idea. I was just told to get down there as soon as possible." I watched Violet gulp, and look at Max. "You get Max dressed. I'll go warm up the car." Said Violet, standing up. "Thanks." I whispered, as she scurried off to the front door.

"Okay Max, let's go get you dressed." I told him. "No." Said Max, sticking out his bottom lip. "Baby," I whispered, "I know you love your Christmas jammies, but you're been wearing them for almost three days. We're going to go change, okay?"

Max sighed, admitting defeat, "Okay." I smiled in spite of the situation. Max held up his arms. I leaned down to pick him up. "Ugh." I moaned, as I put Max on my hip, "You're getting to be a big boy." I told him, kissing his forehead. He giggled. I began carrying him up to his bedroom. Please let my baby be okay.

*

I walked into the large hospital with Violet and Max supportively at my side. I rushed ahead to the front doors of the hospital. Violet struggled to keep up with my pace, and not slip on the ice at the same time. The doors automatically opened for me, and I walked inside. Violet finally caught up, and followed me inside.

I walked to the front desk, breathless. I slammed my hand on the counter, startling the woman. "I'm Danielle Peazer. I was told to come down here with my son Max, by some lady on the phone, but I have no idea why. I'm really scared, and I don't know what to do, or where to go. Please help me out, because I'm really scared for my baby boy. He's my only child, so I guess I'm really protective over him. Sometimes I'm not that good a mum like when I let him eat ice cream from the bucket, but that's okay because I'll take him to the dentist. But Anyway, Max had a concussion last month-"

"Ah, Danielle," Said the woman, talking to me as if I was a shaken up child, "Go up to the children's ward. Dr. Card is waiting for you in room 616." I gulped, "Thank-you." I turned around, "Coming Violet?" I asked nervously. "Of course," She replied, "What are friends for?" She offered a weak smile for support.

I licked my dry lips, gulping, and began to walk to the elevator. I climbed inside, along with Violet and Max. I pressed the fourth floor button. The door closed, and the elevator began moving up. I put Max down for a moment so I could hold onto the elevator's railings. I don't know if I'll be able to handle this if something is wrong with Max. I closed my eyes for a moment, and took slow, deep breathes.

"It'll be okay, Danielle." Said Violet, putting a hand on my shoulder. I opened my eyes, and saw Violet giving me a sympathetic look. Max was holding onto my leg, his eyes full of worry. "Mum sad?" He asked. I took another deep breath, "A little bit." I told Max. He let go of my leg, and lifted his arms.

Sighing, I picked up my son. He immediately wrapped his arms and legs around me, holding me tightly. I swallowed the lump in my throat, hugging my baby back. He buried his head into the crook of my neck. A single tear rolled down my cheek. Something better not be wrong with Max. Finally, the elevator stopped at my floor.

Violet walked out first, and I followed her. When we passed the children's waiting room, it brought tears to my eyes. Children with casts on their arms and legs. A little girl with no hair, and a hospital gown on her small body. Children shouldn't have to suffer like this.

Violet led me down to room 616. She lightly knocked on the door before walking inside. The first thing I noticed was that there were three people in the room.

Dr. Card was sitting in his usual spinny chair. This time, it was a dark green color.

A nurse accompanied him in the room. It's the same nurse who took my stitches out. With the jet black hair & bright blue eyes. I think her name was Nurse Newman. Anyway, Nurse Newman sat on another spinny chair. Her chair was purple.

The other person in the room was a young girl, looking to be only about 1 and a half or 2. The little girl lay on the hospital bed. She was much too small for it. Dr. Card stood up when he saw me, giving me a sympathetic look and clasping his hands together.

The little girls eyes turned to me also. She had curly light brown hair, and chocolate brown eyes. Her face was tear-stained, and she had a few bandages wrapped around her arms. Something in her eyes said she needed me, even though I don't know her. "What's going on?" I asked, holding Max tighter, "What's this all about?"

"Danielle, I think you need to take a seat."

Ooh! What's going to happen?

QOTD: Who is the little girl?

Thank-you to everyone who checked for the hospital & Max's birthday.

I wish I could personally thank every single one of you.

This was the girl who let me know first, so here's her shoutout!

HERE SHE IS

Love you.

Liam James Payne

+

Danielle Claire Peazer

=

Max Ethan Payne