Cheers to Hopefully Surviving Tonight

Start from the beginning

~~~~~

"That test was so easy," Oliver gushes as we walk towards AP Science.

"That test is giving me anxiety," I whine while taking my seat up front.

"You're over thinking it. It doesn't even count for a grade." Oliver chuckles as class begins.

"Today we will be doing an experiment about the effects of various chemicals on organisms that live in our rivers and streams. You and your partners will be testing the effects of chemicals on the organisms and water and then responding to the questions in your lab guide on page 1." Mr. Mitchell sends us off to do the experiment with a flick of his wrist.

~~~~~

We've cleaned up our experiment and responded to the questions all by the time the bell rings. I'm dreading marketing but Oliver tugs me along anyways. We get there and take our seats without running into Danika or her stupid boyfriend.

"See this isn't so bad, right?" Oliver rubs my shoulder in a teasing way and I shrug him off.

"Look who it is, little old Beckinsile." I roll my eyes at Danika's comment.

"Nice to see you too, Danika." I smile sarcastically as she sits down.

"What time should we be at your house?" She hisses as Mr. Walker begins to take roll.

"6:30," I mouth and turn my attention back to Mr. Walker.

After taking roll, Mr. Walker announces that we'll be watching a movie that's a sort of overview of the course. We don't have to take notes but paying attention would be very beneficial, according to him. I breathe a sigh of relief at not having to take notes and settle into my seat.

~~~~~

The movie was surprisingly interesting. I actually felt like I'd learned something and the fact that I was exempt from talking to Danika for the whole class made the movie ten times more interesting. I pull out my lunch and walk towards the cafeteria with Oliver. We take a seat with Xander, Eli and Cody.I take a seat next to Oliver and the boys begin to talk about their weekend plans. I begin eating in silence hoping to not be sucked into the conversation. I miraculously avoid the conversation for all of lunch and am grateful to leave when the bell rings.

Oliver and I walk to French in silence but it's a comfortable silence. We sit down up front; both dreading what's to come after the bell rings.

~~~~~

French was as unbearable as ever. More vocab and more conjugations; it was pure hell. I don't think I can last the rest of the year if this is all we're going to do.

"Why did French have to be the class I have every day?" I think as I text Ed.

Got a ride home...have a good weekend.

I slip my phone into my bag and follow Oliver to his bike. He hands me his second helmet and watches as I straddle the bike. He gets on after me and I wrap my arms around him. Oliver revs up his motorcycle and we speed out of the parking lot. I can feel the familiar whip of the wind as we drive down the main road to my house.

Oliver comes to a stop in my driveway where Gabe's car is already parked.

"I'm going to have a fit if I walk in and find him and Terra cuddling on the couch." I muse as I unlock the door.

I walk through the door and hear a female laugh coming from the living room. I groan and drop my bag on the front table before walking down the hallway to the living room. I can hear Oliver's heavier footsteps behind me as we walk into the living room. I find Gabe and Terra sitting on the couch laughing and watching some cheesy romance movie.