Chapter-34 : Intertwining Lives

Start from the beginning

"Assalamu Alaikum, class! What's new?"

I shrieked from my comfortable position, unknowingly curling my hijab tassels with my cold hands as I heard that voice. Oh Allah, he is here. Nadia as usual started giggling and whispered, "Everything is new in your life, Mister." I rolled my eyes at her to which she cackled even more.

He continued his usual job without any hesitation, whereas I could hardly look anywhere except my notebook on the table. Everytime he walked closer to my bench, my breathing came to a stop and heartbeat increased horribly. Oh Allah! I'm gone for sure. He again walked near me and wow. My hands began trembling so much that I dropped my pen on the floor.
Just in front of two black shoes. Damn! Why don't I just die?!

He kept talking and without giving any pause, bent down, picked up my pen, put it on my table and walked away again as if nothing happened. Wow! The whole class except me and Nadia didn't suspect his gesture at all while I face palmed myself to avoid any more embarrassment. Ya Rabb! Please save me for the rest of the day!

But the evil in my mind surreptitiously travelled back to the moment when he knelt down in front of me and how he articulated those words. No matter how hard I tried to focus on his lecture, I couldn't stop thinking about it. And the fact that my mom already told him a 'Yes' from me made me blush so profusely that didn't hear a single word he or everyone else uttered in this hour until Nadia pushed me hard and whisper-yelled, "Shayba!"

"Heh? What?"I shook from my trance.

"Sir is calling you!"she accentuated shooting me glares as the whole class burst out laughing.

Huh? Oh God! How long has he been calling me?

Being terribly afraid, I turned my face towards him and immediately moved my gaze to the floor. "Yes?"
Call him 'Sir' you stupid!

"Meet me after lunch."
Excuse me?! 

My eyes shot up to him but I could just nod.
Why?! Oh God, oh God, oh God! What does he have to tell me? Why is he calling me alone? Aaaahh! I wanted to scream out loud.

"Relax! Why are you being so terrified? He only called you to grab the exam papers." Nadia smilingly patted my back.

"How do you know that?"

"Geez! I don't stay in my fantasy world all the time that I won't listen to what my teacher says."

I bit my tongue, "Sorry. I really didn't hear that."

"Yeah I know. Now go! I better put some effort into my own love story too. Eventually you are gonna be married when I'm still single argh!"

"Don't worry, I'll start seeking for him too when I'm done with my own."

"Oyeee! Look who's so excited about her own wedding!"

Our chit chat went on for hours until the lunch break when I suddenly realized I have to find someone to make up for me as I, by no means, am going to grab those papers from him for no reason. He obviously will want to talk about 'us' and there is no way I'm going to let him do so. So I easily convinced another CR Anik to do this small task for me without raising any suspicion.

Thankfully he went to him to bring the papers and everything was fine until all the papers were distributed. By the grace of Allah, I saw an A+ on the first page of my copy and when I opened it hurriedly, a little scrap of paper fell down to my lap.

What is this?!

Being utmost surprised, I opened it and found a familiar handwriting that I saw on the board just this morning, "THANKS" and beside it? A little love sign.