Last Say

*You can either read the last chapter of this or head over to the sequel Never Have I Ever, with the alternate ending. The choice is yours!*

"Niall." i whispered into the receiver of my home phone as i closed the door to bedroom shut.

"Hey! wait.. Hold on." he tells me. I hear the distinct sound of a bass dropping as music pumps from unseen speakers. I think he's at a party or just playing really loud music in his room. There's the sound of a door closing and the beat fades away slowly as, i assume, he walks away. "Hey what's up?" Niall questions. I don't answer at first. I don't know what to say. My mom and i had just gotten home and i told her i was going to call Niall. when i picked up the phone she asked me if that was a good idea.

"I don't know mom. I would talk to Liam but i promised Niall I would call or something and i don't... I don't." My hands shook as i pressed the buttons and i could feel tears beginning to fall onto my cheeks.

"Okay sweetheart. Okay." my mom said rubbing away the tears before kissing my forehead. She told me she was going to take a shower and to call if i needed anything.

"Yeah okay mom." i said slowly clicking the end button before dialing his number again and heading to my room.

"Are you crying? what's wrong?" i sniffled and brushed at my tear streaked face.

"I umm... I don't know Niall." i chocked out. "God I'm so stupid." i murmured.

"What's wrong? What happened?" clearing my throat and sitting farther up on my bed i pulled my knees up and wrapped my free arm around them.

"I kissed Zayn." i finally admitted.

"And?" Niall replied.

"And what? And nothing Niall!" i cried out in anguish.

"It doesn't sound like nothing Emma." he said calmly. I groaned a little and fell back against my pillows. All i could hear was Niall quietly breathing on the other end. "Okay so are you going to talk to him?" i shook my head vigorously.

"No. No. I can't. I told him. We can't." i mumbled.

"But you sound like you want to be with him..." Niall said slowly.

"God Niall you're not suppose to edge me on. You're suppose to call me stupid and crazy and tell me to never speak to him again!" i snapped at him. Niall sighed.

"As a friend ya I'm suppose to tell you that. As your best friend I am telling you to suck it up and go get him back." I started laughing despite everything.

"I don't want him back Niall. He doesn't even want me back." i muttered that last part out.

"How do you know?" he asked. I sighed.

"Because when we kissed he pulle away first. That's what i was suppose to do." i replied. Niall scoffed.

"So what he pulled back doesn't mean he doesn't want you anymore." i pursed my lips thinking on this. Even if he wanted to be with me i still wasn't sure if i wanted to be with him.

"I don't know Niall." i mumbled. I heard him let out a heavy sigh. "How long have you known Zayn?" he demands and i can just see him with that semi-annoyed look on his face, arms crossed staring at me.

"Umm four years i guess." i replied slowly.

"And in that four years have you ever seen him with anyone for more than a day?" he questions. I know where this is going and i sigh.

"No. Just me." i tell him.

"Exactly. Just you. Okay? Do you even know what the dare was about Emma?" that's when it hit me. I didn't. I didn't know what it had been about.