Happy Birthday

I walk up behind Emma and cover her eyes with my hands. She stiffens but relaxes when i kiss the top of her head. "Hey!" i say enthusiastically. Turning slowly she removes my hands from her eyes and holds them down in front of us.

"Somebody's excited." Emma says arching an eyebrow.

"Happy one month." i reply with an even bigger smile. I could have sworn the color drained from her face.

"What?" she questions cocking her head.

"Happy one month." i repeat confused now as well.

"It has not been a month." she says letting go of my hands to get her phone out of her pocket.

"Yeah it has. It's been a month since our first date." Was i the one counting? Was she not counting? Aren't the girls suppose to keep track of those kind of things? Why was i keeping track of it? Holy shit am i turning into a girl? Maybe I'm counting down so i can see how long it'll take me to bang her. No. I told myself i wouldn't touch her. So why am i still with her? Why am i playing this out? She opens her phone and brings up the calender.

"It's.. February 1st. Holy shit it has been a month." Emma breathes out. It hits me.

"Fuck! Did you say February 1st?" i demand stepping closer and probably scaring her.

"Uhh yeah?" she replies confused.

"Fuck!" i moan hitting my fist lightly against the lockers next to her.

"What?" she asks

"It's Harry's birthday." i say with a sigh.

"And you forgot." she states. I nod.

"Well is he expecting something?" i arch an eyebrow at her and give her a look. "Taking that as a yes. Just come over after school. I'll bake him a cake or something. No big deal." Emma says with a shrug shutting her locker closed.

"You would do that?" i ask thoroughly confused. We've been nothing but rude and harmful to her and she wants to bake Harry a cake for his birthday.

"Not a big deal. It's just food. What does he like?" Emma asks as i begin to walk her to her first period class.

"Lots of chocolate." Emma smirks. "So do i." she shakes her head like she can't believe it. Like she can't believe Harry and her would ever like the same things.

"Are you guys going to his place or something? What's the protocol for his birthday?" Emma inquires and actually i odn't know the answers.

"Umm he usually get's shit faced and we try to stop him from doing anything too dangerous. His birthday usually makes him depressed. I don't even know how long it's been since he's had actual cake." Emma frowns and seems generally concerned for the curly haired boy that made her life a living hell.

"I hate my birthday too." They are more a like then i thought.

"Wait, how come and when is it?" she glances up at me as if she doesn't understand the question before shrugging.

"It's nothing." she doesn't tell me when it is and i don't get the chance to repeat the question because Niall whisks her away into the room. She waves goodbye and i smile back before turning around and creasing my brow. She hates her birthday. I know why Harry hates his i wonder why Emma hates hers?

-x-

Shit shit shit shit shit. Did i really just tell him i hate my birthday? I try to act cool and calm when on the inside everything is screaming at me and cursing my soul with every foul word in the book. I hope Zayn doesn't try to ask me again. Luckily he doesn't because Niall saves me. "Hey doll face. You looked like you were in some deep water. Why was that boyfriend of yours looking so concerned about?" i roll my eyes at him and sigh.