Mommy Meet Zayn

"So run that by me again?" Liam asks rubbing his temple frustrated.

"Well Zayn... Asked me out?" i could understand why Liam was frustrated with me but he seemed almost.. Angry. Like he wanted to punch me. I wish he would. Maybe it would knock some sense into me.

"And you said what again?" he asked turning around almost fully in his seat to face me. We were in his car, parked in the parking lot. I had just told him what Zayn had asked me this morning. He was having a hard time believing it.

"I said.. Yes." Liam just stared at me.

"What the hell Em!" he shouted in my face. I cringed and fiddled with my fingers.

"Well i don't know! It was in the moment! I know he's one of your best friends but if you were my best friend you would know I've had this awful crush on him for four years now and i just couldn't say no! Please be ok with this?" i practically begged him. Not that it was his decision whether or not i went out with Zayn. I just wanted him to approve or accept the fact. Liam let out a frustrated growl and hit his hands against the wheel of the car. "I know I'm stupid ok. Believe me. I know. I just.. I want.. He's the only guy to ever ask me out and..." Liam rudely cut me off.

"Doesn't mean you should throw yourself at him!" I stared at him in shock, jaw slack. "I mean.. Not throw yourself.." But it was my turn.

"Throw myself! Fuck you Liam! He threw himself! At me! Me Liam! What's wrong with that sentence! Why is he paying me the time of day! Why is he going out of his way to talk to me huh? You're his friend. You tell me!" i shouted at him. Liam sat there his mouth set in a straight line. He looked like he wanted to tell me something. He even opened his mouth but ended up grimacing instead. Without another word he started the car, turned up the volume on the radio and puled out of the parking lot.

"Mommy." i said quietly at the dinner table that night.

"I have.. I have something to tell you." She stopped eating and looked up toward me.

"Oh gosh. I've been preparing for this moment." she replies calmly.

"Wait what?" i questioned. Preparing for what? What was she preparing for? Oh gosh what did she think i was going to tell her.

"Is it drugs? Do you have an STD? Are you a lesbian? I've prepared for everything.." she says getting up and grabbing something off the top of the fridge. Pamphlets?

"Whoa whoa whoa! Mom! I'm.. What? No! No drugs. No STD's and I'm not into girls. Where did you get those things?" my mother stops spreading them out on the kitchen table.

"So you don't..." she pauses as i shake my head furiously back and forth.

"No mom I'm.. I'm fine.. I have.. I mean someone.. Asked me out.." she stops gathering the pamphlets to look back up at me again.

"Really?" she smiles slowly and i nod. I don't know if i should be happy too or not.

"Well who is he? What's his name? Where is he from? What is he like? What is he into?" she fires off questions so quickly i don't know what to answer first.

"He's the boy you asked me about.. The one sitting next to me that time before..." i think her smile falters. She has a right to be a little upset. I mean he's not the ideal boy a mother would want for her daughter. For anyone's daughter really. He smokes, he drinks, parties, has tattoos.. Not that my mother knows about half of what he does.

"The boy with the weird hair?" i think she's making fun of me.

"Mom." i groan. She lets out a peal of laughter. I haven't heard her laugh in a while so i laugh as well. "His hair isn't that weird." i tell her. She snorts.