Denial

"So what happened? You just took off after here. Pissed the teacher off too. It was pretty great actually. She was so upset she didn't teach the rest of the period." Louis explains still laughing. "We just fucking sat there and without Emma it was boring as shit." Harry goes on to say.

"Well Louis fuckin pissed her off." I muttered. If Louis hadn't done that I wouldn't have gone after her and we never would've kissed each other. Well I wouldn't have kissed her. Or she wouldn't have kissed me. Whatever. Fuck.

"Are you siding with that slut?" Harry asked cracking open an eyelid.

"I'm just saying. Damn." I grumbled sitting down beside him as I took a drag on my cigarette. Harry shook his head at me and closed his eyes again.

"So tell us mate. You bang her in a closet or some shit. Neither of you came back and I wasn't buying that crap about her going to the bathroom shit." Louis pestered hitting my arm.

"Nothing. We did nothing. She blew me off again like she always fuckin does." I growled. What the fuck did I just say? Something definitely happened so why didn't i fucking say anything! Maybe I didn't want too. Maybe I wanted to keep this between us. Even though there wasn't an us. Just me and her. Not together in any possible way.

"Then why did it take so long?" Harry questioned.

"It didn't. She rejected me and I went for a smoke. The end. Now drop it." I replied harshly.

"He's testy. What the fuck she say? Something we can get her back for later?" Louis asked enthusiastically.

"Nothing." I said sharply. Louis knew my limit and he didn't pester me any further after. I blew out the smoke and stared lazily up at the clouded sky. I could still feel her lips on my lips and I didn't want to anymore. I wanted to feel numb.

-x-

"So what did your boyfriend say after I left?" Niall asked running up to me after the final bell rang. I was at my locker and I hadn't seen hide it tail of Zayn, Harry and Louis since third. Well I hadn't seen Zayn since lunch but other than that yeah...

"He's not my boyfriend." I groaned as I opened my locker.

"The first step to acceptance is denial!" Niall sang out. I rolled my eyes at the blonde haired boy.

"I'm not in denial." I mumbled.

"More denial!" He shouted happily.

"Ugh, Niall. Stop please." I shouted slamming my locker with another roll of my eyes. I marched away heading toward the library.

"Oh come on Emma!" He shouted after me, but I wasn't listening. Screw him. Screw all of them. I'm so furious I don't notice that the voice changes. Becoming harsher and angrier.

"Emma!" Someone shouts grabbing my arm.

"What Niall!" But it's not Niall. It's Liam. Niall stands a bit behind Liam biting his lip, fighting a smile.

"I'm not Niall." Is all Liam says.

"Clearly." I retort as Liam let's go of my arm. "What is it?" I ask facing him and crossing my arms over my chest.

"I'm taking you home." He says in a sort of confused voice. What? Taking me home?

"What are you talking about?" I ask a bit annoyed by him.

"I pick you up. I take you home. Now come on." He says motioning for me to follow him. But I don't. Not at first.

"Wait.. Liam!" I shout after him running past Niall who whispers.