Photo Op

"Great speech." "You rocked it up there!" This and several more comments from people who have never given me the time of day who are only paying attention to me now because i said fuck and bullshit onstage and didn't get in trouble for it. "Thanks." i continue to repeat with a smile as i glide through the crowd trying to find my mom.

"Honey! Over here!" someone cries out off to my right. My mom stands there by the sidelines of the football field waving towards me. Smiling i squeeze my way through people excusing myself and smiling as i go. "Ohh!" my mom cries out hugging me tightly. "Beautiful speech sweetheart. I especially liked the looks on the parents faces when i pointed you out as my child." i burst out laughing. Something i haven't done in a really long time.

"You didn't mom! They must have been horrified." i said still laughing.

"Oh who cares what they think." she says making a face before smiling with me. I laugh again. "Oh let me see that diploma!" she exclaims noticing it in my hands." i hand it over to her with a smile and she opens it happily. "It's beautiful." she says glancing up at me. I nod. It's just a slip of paper but that's okay I've finally graduated and here's the proof. "Let's get a picture!" my mom exclaims shoving it back into my hands and pulling out the camera again in excitement.

"Mom!" i groan.

"You have just graduated and i want pictures!" my mom exclaims snapping a few with me looking upset.

"Smile now." she commands. Holding up the diploma i smile widely. "There we go." my mom says snapping several pictures. "A couple more." she says continuing to press the button. I groan again but laugh when she makes a face at me.

"Mom!" someone loudly protests off to the side.

"There she is!" a voice cries out. Before i know it I'm attacked by a women who has wrapped her arms around my neck.

"Umm.." i say slightly confused, unsure of whether to hug her back or not. Harry stands a little ways off with a pretty girl in a beanie and dyed lilac hair. She's smiling but Harry is pinching the bridge of his nose and has his eyes squeezed shut, one hand on his hip. "Hi?" i say confused hugging the women back. She pulls back and i notice she has a strong resemblance to the girl next to Harry.

"You're Emma! The girl who gave that wonderful speech and baked Harry a cake." she exclaims happily.

"Umm.." how did Harry know i baked him that cake? Or did Zayn tell him because Harry figured he didn't make it himself?

"You made this boy a cake?" my mom questions.

"Yeah remember you asked about the missing icing." i reminded her.

"Ohh this is the boy?" she says smiling and looking at him. Harry sighs.

"You liked the speech?" i questioned. All of the adults seemed pissed off about what i had said but she seemed excited. She nodded quickly.

"Lovely. Great use of the word fuck." she says clasping her hands together. My eyes widen and Harry looks a little mortified.

"Mom!" Harry cries out.

"Let's get a picture." she says suddenly taking a camera the girl hands out to her mother.

"Gem!" Harry protests as she pushes him towards me.

"It's really not.. I mean.. Oh." Harry is now standing right next to me and his mom his putting his left arm around my shoulders. We look at each other uncomfortably. I never thought I'd be in a situation like this.

"Smile pretty you two!" my mom says standing next to Harry's as the begin to take photos.

"Umm." i say glancing up at Harry confused.