Under the Influence

It's been a week and Zayn is still pissed at me for not letting him give me a hickey. It's not that i don't want one or that I'm even afraid my mother would see. She might just congratulate me. She's seen so much of Zayn lately she might even think we've slept together even though i promised her i would tell her if it ever did happen. For me it's like reaching a checkpoint in being with Zayn. Once he leaves his mark it'll never leave. I mean physically it will but not emotionally and i still don't know if his intentions are clear and meaningful. I still don't trust him and it's been a month and a week. I know that isn't a lot of time to earn someone's trust but he seems to tell me everything. He has no qualms really about his life, his past. While he hardly knows anything about me. I don't want to open up only to be shut down later. I don't think I'll ever be able to get rid of this fear that it's all just one big trick. One big lie. I don't want to take this relationship of ours any farther than it already is. "You okay?" Zayn asks glancing my way. I shrug my shoulders and turn away from him. I've been staring blankly at his chest for a couple of minutes deep in thought. I'd almost forgotten where we were. It was after school on a Friday and Zayn was over at my house, as usual. We were sitting across from each other nibbling on fruit completely silent.

"I'm fine." I say lightly.

"You don't seem fine." Zayn says tossing a grape in the air and catching it in his mouth.

"We'll you don't seem fine either." I snap. Zayn stares at me.

"What do you mean?" He questions arching an eyebrow. I scoff. I can't believe I have to spell it out for him.

"You've been upset with me ever since I told you you couldn't give me a hickey last week." Zayn's jaw tightens and he doesn't meet my eyes.

"No I haven't." He says roughly shifting in his seat.

"Yes you have. Don't even lie to me." Zayn flicks his golden eyes up off the table to stare at me.

"We'll what if I am?" He retorts.

"What's the big deal Zayn? You know you're the first person I've ever kissed! Forgive me for being a little apprehensive about everything!" Zayn rolls his eyes and scowls.

"That has nothing to do with me leaving a small bruise on your skin." He throws back, standing suddenly and grabbing his leather jacket off of the back of the chair. He puts his arms through the sleeves before storming towards the door.

"Where are you going?" I demand following him.

"Home." He mumbles pulling his keys from his pocket and heading out the front door.

"Zayn! You just can't storm out of here we should talk about this." He glares at me and keeps going. "Zayn!" I shout as he opens the drivers side door to his truck and steps inside. "Fine, fuck off." I mutter slamming the front door behind me. I hear the engine of his truck roar as he speeds off. Grumbling under my breathe I head up to my room to find something to distract me. I text and call Zayn twice, not wanting to push it, before giving up around eleven o' clock not wanting to wait for him to reply or phone back. Sighing heavily I slump down onto my pillow only to be woken up around midnight to my cellphone buzzing on my dresser. Groaning I sit up and see that its Zayn calling me. "Zayn what are you..." A small childlike voice cuts me off.

"You need to come here quickly!" They cry out. There's the sound of glass breaking and a string of curse words that sound like Zayn.

"What's happening?" I demand sitting up straighter.

"It's Zayn. Please. Come." The line goes dead. Shit.

"Liam please pick up.." I whisper to myself as I dial his number. The phone rings and rings and rings. Just when I'm about to give up he answers.