Far Far Away

"You aren't hungry?" Emma asks as she hesitates to step in line without me. I shake my head slowly shoving my hands into my back pockets.

"No I'm good." i tell her with a small shrug of my shoulders. The truth is I'm starving but i have to talk to Niall when she's not there. She looks me up and down skeptically.

"I'm getting you food." she says stepping in line. I don't have time to argue with her as the people move down the line and Emma moves with them. I sigh and head toward the table where Niall is already sitting. I refrain from slamming my hands on the table. The noise will cause Emma to look our way. Instead i sit down stiffly and stare at him intensely.

"Yes loverboy?" Niall says barely stopping to look up form his food.

"What the fuck did you say to her." i snarl through my teeth.

"What are you talking about?" he asks but he knows what I'm talking about. It's written on his face.

"Don't fuck with me Niall." i growl. "I can fuck you over." i threaten. Niall rolls his eyes.

"And you think i can't do the same?" he retorts. I roll my eyes. This skinny, wimpy, ass white boy can't do a fucking thing.

"Stop trying to get between her and I." i say, venom in my voice. "You're not her friend." he scoffs.

"You aren't either Malik." it's true but it somehow still hurts.

"No. I'm trying to complete a dare. Back the fuck off. What did you even tell her?" i demand. Niall doesn't answer at first. "Damnit Niall i mean it." i say hitting my fist on the table a bit too hard.

"I didn't say anything. I merely pointed out the fact that you like to sleep around a lot and if you two weren't going out well what does that make her to you and vice versa." Friends with benefits.

"You fucking bastard." i say lowly. I'm this close to reaching over and wringing his scrawny neck but a hear footsteps behind me. My shoulders loosen and i drop the scowl on my face.

"Is something wrong?" Emma asks sliding in next to me sitting down lightly, concern on her face.

"No nothings wrong." Niall cuts in before i can say anything Then he begins to get up gathering his things.

"Where are you going?" Emma asks as she slides me half of her sandwich.

"Homework." he says without missing a beat throwing his backpack over his shoulder. He shoots me a look nudges Emma and walks away. Emma doesn't look worried by any of this but suddenly I'm nervous and my palms begin to sweat.

"Come on, eat. I'll even share my food." she says opening the bag of chips and dumping it out onto her plate.

"Should i be impressed?" i ask. She lets out a small laugh.

"Maybe. I don't even share food with my mom." she says with a shrug. When she says this it lifts my spirits. I toss a chip into my mouth even though i hate barbecue.

"So...l... About earlier." Emma turns slightly pink as she takes a bite out of her sandwich. "What was all that about me getting into other girls pants?" i ask.

"It's true. Don't even fucking deny it." she replies a bit harshly.

"I like it when you're pissed off. It's really hot." the words fall out of my mouth before i have the chance to take them back. She squirms and i bite my lip trying to suppress a smile.

"So what, are you jealous?" i ask. She snorts.

"No. It's disgusting i just..." she stops.

"What? Tell me." i say touching her knee. She looks down at my hand and then back up at me but I'm not about to move it.