Like 3rd Grade

Zayn's hand comes down over his shoulder and I'm confused on what he wants when a slip of paper falls from his fingers. He brings his hand back around and I stare at it confused. What the hell does he want? I gingerly touch the paper like it might explode before unfolding it and reading his scrawled handwriting. Where were you? What the hell? Where was I? Why does he care. Instead of replying I proceed to crumble the paper up into a little ball and throw it on the floor. I can just see him roll his eyes. I hear the scratch of his pen as he writes again. I didn't even know he had pens. His hand drops another tiny slip of paper over his shoulder. With a sigh I read it. Come on. It's just a question. It is just a question but one I don't really want to answer. With a sigh. I respond.

What is this the third grade? I ask throwing the note back over his shoulder. Zayn smirks? I know he does. His pen is moving across the page again and I try not to look expectant and instead lean back in my seat and try not to look at Harry whose watching us critically. The note comes back over.

Well I don't exactly have your number babe and yes, It's exactly like 3rd grade. Are you going to answer my question? I roll my eyes.

1. Don't. Call me babe. Ever. 2. I would never give you my number. 3. With my calculus teacher why does it matter. I fold the paper over the written area so that it will fall onto his desk with my response. He picks it up with two fingers and glances at it before hunching over and penning out a reply.

Sure thing babe. I was just curious, and I could always just give you my number. He put a winky face after that. A fuckin winky face.

I don't want your number. I reply. Another smirk. I can just picture it on his stupid face.

Sure you do babe. Then there's a number and I'm annoyed. So I cross it out multiple times roll it up into a ball and chuck it at his chest. He stares at me and I think he's angry but he's smiling. He looks so genuinely happy it throws me off and I do nothing more but look at him strangely until he turns back around.

At lunch time I grabbed my tray of unedible cafeteria food and began to March right out of there past the judging eyes of all the "popular kids" when someone stopped me. Someone blonde with blue eyes and an annoyingly cute dimpled smile.

"Hey so are you taking me up on my offer?" Niall asked shoving one hand into his back pocket and gesturing to the table filled up with some of the prettiest girls in school and some of the hottest guys too.

"I don't think I'm going to sit with a bunch of kids who would rather stuff me into a locker away." Niall put his other hand into his back pocket and glanced at the table. They were all looking me up and down skeptically.

"Oh them. They're not so bad." He says with a shrug looking back at me.

"Well I'm still not going to grace you with my presence this afternoon or any afternoon for that matter." I replied beginning to walk away.

"Well we don't have to sit next to them." Niall said jumping in front of me and gesturing to an empty table nearby.

"And again I find myself asking why do you care?" I emphasize care but all Niall does is shrug. Then he walks toward the table grabs up his food and says,

"Come on." He gestures toward the table with a nod of his head and I almost don't follow but something tells me I should. His friends watch in awe at the scene unfolding before them. Jaws slack eyes wide. Niall is already halfway through his pizza when I sit down. I think he has a bad case of the munchies with the way he always eats. Or maybe he just loves food.

Triple Dog Dare ||z.mजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें