Bullies Always Prosper

Under editing please excuse.. Everything. xxx continue reading

-----

Zayn drew a long drag on his cigarette and blew out the smoke. I wasn't particularly fond of boys who smoked but there was just something about the way Zayn looked when he did it. He always seemed more relaxed. I know from personal experience what he looks like when he's angry. Oh god he looked gorgeous. With his gorgeous 'run your hands through this' hair, and the tattoos that are beginning to crawl up his muscular arms. Snap out of it. A little voice in my head shouts. I come back to reality and look at the book before me. It was after school 3:00PM to be exact. My mom always ran late on Mondays but I didn't mind. I usually had a book to bury myself in. Something with adventure, romance. Something funny. But not today. Today I had my Gov and Econ book. With a sigh I turned the page not absorbing the information. I would have to read back over it later. My brain was fried at the movement. I had a chemistry test, and a math test today. I had been prepared of course, having the highest GPA in my class, i intended to keep it that way, but I was human I didn't like tests as much as the next person.

With a sigh of total frustration I shut the book and shoved it into my backpack. But before I could zipper it back up it was snatched out of my grasp by some pretty big hands. They were covered in recognizable rings. I knew who it was before I looked up. I tried my best to glare up at Harry. I was never one to start a fight. My mom said I didn't have a mean bone in my body.

"What's the little scholar up to?" Harry said venom in his voice. Today he was wearing all black and had his hair pushed back letting it fall messily across his forehead in some places.

"Give it back Harry." I said calmly. But he was already dumping everything out. Pencils, books, papers and notebooks flew everywhere. "Harry!" I shouted at him as I watched my calculator bounce and skid across the pavement. "Why do you have to be such a jerk!" i shouted unable to help myself. Big mistake. I never shouted at them. He stopped shaking out my backpack and looked at me. He dropped the backpack and got up in my face.

"Is someone feeling brave today!" He asked coldly. I clenched my fists. Fights weren't allowed at school. Not that I was going to punch him. I couldn't. I heard snickering and knew that Zayn, and Louis were watching the scene unfold before them. Breathing out I stepped back from Harry and crossed my arms over my chest. "Wise choice." Harry said his voice getting really low. He stalked off toward Zayn and Louis over by the side of the school. They both held up a hand for a high five. Frustrated i dropped my arms I began to pick my stuff up. Of course i would have a giant crush on one of the worst guys in school. Lucky me! A minute later I noticed another pair of hands gathering up my notebooks. Tucking a strand of hair behind my ear I stood up clutching my books to my chest as I watched Liam gather the rest. I started to place things into my backpack and I heard a collective groan from Zayn, Louis and Harry.

"Come on Liam!" Louis shouted at him. Liam just gave them a smirk as he handed me my papers. Liam wasn't like the rest. Sure he had tattoos and bad grades, but he was one of the sweetest kids I'd ever known. We used to be best friends. That was before he met Harry. Harry was recruiting people for his "gang" or "team". Zayn was already among them and Louis would follow after. Harry took a sudden liking to Liam and as they say, the rest is history. Liam dumped me and became a bad boy. His grades slipped to C's and he rarely talked to me, but he did NOT tolerate them picking on me. I guess there was some part of him that was still my best friends way deep down in there.

"Thanks Li." I said quietly using the nickname I gave him back when we were kids. He scratched the back of his head. It was still pretty short form when he had shaved it a couple of months ago.

"No problem." He said gruffly. Then turning tail he walked over to Harry and them. They started to give him a hard time but Liam didn't budge. He never regretted coming to my rescue. I stood there shoving things into my backpack and swallowing hard so I wouldn't cry. I heard the honk of a horn and turned. My moms blue Challenger sat there waiting. I ran to it and hopped inside. I just wanted to go home.