Stars

"Shit." I hear Zayn mumble as I walk away from him. I know it shouldn't bother me but it does. He's been with a lot of girls and just because he asked me out that doesn't make me any different from them. I still think he wants to get into my pants no matter what he says. He's still friends with Harry and Louis. This is all some little joke of theirs. I can't let them get to me. No mater how much I like kissing Zayn. Fuck why did I say yes when he asked me out.

"Hey wait up!" The voice is a higher pitch than Zayn's so I know it's not him. Upon turning around I find Niall in my wake. I slow down slightly and wait for him to catch up to me.

"So you're going out with Zayn. What are guys planning on doing?" Niall asks pulling on the straps of his backpack.

"Umm.. We actually didn't talk about that." i reply glancing back at where i left him. He's standing now. Watching Niall and I walk away.

"Soo you're not going out with him?" Niall questions further. I look up at him quizzically. He sounds a little hopeful.

"No i am, we just didn't talk about what we were going to do and frankly I'm having second thoughts." i say furrowing my eyebrows as i ponder the ultimate question of whether i should or should not go out with the boy who has bullied, harassed and made fun of me for the past three almost four years now.

"Having second thoughts." Niall echoes as he holds open the cafeteria doors for us.

"Yeah. I mean Come on Niall it's Zayn. Zayn Malik. One of the four guys who have single handedly ruined my life." Niall nods and glances toward the ground.

"But..." he says drawing out the 't'. I sigh frustrated. Yeah there's a but.

"But I've had a crush on him for three years and this is like a dream come true, almost." i shrug my shoulder.

"What's the dream?" Niall asks.

"You're going to laugh." i say rolling my eyes at myself as well.

"Okay i promise i won't laugh too badly, or too loudly." Niall replies crossing his heart with his index finger and holding up his hand. I can't help but laugh at how stupid he's being.

"Okay, okay. The dream is. Zayn would miraculously fall in love with me because i would become super fuckin rich or extremely hot. His friends would stop picking on me, Liam would be my best friend again and.. That's basically it." Niall snickers and nudges me.

"What do mean become extremely hot. You're cute." i blush under Niall's blue eyes. Most girls would probably swoon at him calling them cute not me. It was a little awkward.

"Cute. Not hot." i point out.

"Who needs hot when you have someone as adorable as you." he replies poking me.

"Has the world gone mad." i mutter under my breathe.

"What do you mean?" Niall inquires arching an eyebrow. I huff and cross my arms.

"I don't know. This week. This week has been so fuckin weird. I mean last week was normal. I got pushed around, thrown around, taunted, tormented. Then this week, nothing. I used to sit alone at lunch and talk to nobody. Now i talk to you Liam, you and Zayn? And why the hell has Zayn even begun to pay me the time of day? The girl who's face he'd used to scream at. The girl's shoes he used to spit on. The girl who is nothing and worthless and and..." when did i start crying? Why am i crying in front of Niall. Oh god I'm such an idiot.

"Oh wow." Niall breathes out facing me and shielding my crying face from the rest of the student body. He looks at me calmly as he brushes the tears from my cheeks.