Battle Part 3

Hermione

A scream of pain flies through the battlefield, freezing everything in its path. The is source is a young boy who leans over a corpse, Percy. Annabeth. I gasp for air and fell the tears fall from my eyes. Enemy and friends all stop to watch the boy stand ever so slowly. His eyes full of rage an vengeance. 

I feel the earth shake beneath my feet as he rises. Percy just stares at the enemy before raising his sword. His eyes look like waves in a midnight night storm. Water starts to rise out of the ground like spears. He lunges, sword cutting through the enemy in front, water shooting into the mouths of those around him, suffocating them. Parts of the earth crack and shake under the enemies feet, rain starts to flood the battle field. 

Percy's close friends all have anger in their faces and before I knew it there were an army of skeletons raised from the ground. Fire lighting up the battle field. Gems as big as rocks coming out of the ground. Lightning striking at the enemy.  All the wizards and witches on our side toke a step back and watched in amazement as eight people rocked  into the battle, working as one. The friends of Percy all toke a step back and watched, they didn't need help. 

A girl with a sword and two dogs by her side, chopping down the enemy. A boy with fire as hands, burning them from the inside out. Another boy, changing his form constantly to ripe out the enemies throats with his jaws. A girl, shouting at the enemy commands, and them doing as she says. Hazel on top of a pegasus, pulling gems out of the ground and throwing them at the enemy. Thalia, shooting an arrow of lightning and throwing people over with just air. Nico, commanding a legion of skeletons to take down anyone who opposes. And Percy at the front making sure that nothing can stand ten feet from him or his friends.

The fight was over quickly everyone just gathered around Percy, glued to the body of a teenage girl who still had her whole life to live. 

"Percy." The girl with the choppy hair and multi-coloured eyes says. She goes and hugs him tight, pouring tears onto his shoulder. Percy hugs her back, his eyes full of darkness. The eight that were fighting like demons, were all in tears. Some more than others. We lost so much, but the war still goes on. The battle may be won but the war is undecided. 

A week later

Thalia

It's been a week and I still can't believe she is gone. First Luke and Jason, now her. Can the fates be any more cruel?

The wizards and demigods are all saying our farewells to the dead. Her name in the list the had past on, as well as Dumbledore's. The whole room is filed with tears. Except for one, Percy. His soul has been dried out and has no more tears left to give. Only pain. 

At the end of her speech Professor McGongall as us demigods to come up and explain. We had promised we would, we can't keep anymore secrets. Not after that. 

"Umm...hey everyone." I say, though my voice is rasp. "You probably realise by now that we aren't witches or wizards." I take a deep breath. "We are something else, a being called a demigod. Part mortal, part god. See the Greek and Roman myths are real and some others, and live in your everyday lives. The gods are alive as well, and sometimes they like mortals and a child is born. That child is us." Despite that everyone was in tears a moment ago, they were now snickering well at least the Slytherins were. 

"Yeah right, and I am a child of peter pan!" Yells some obnoxious kid from Slytherin. I grunt and continue. "I am a daughter of Zeus. Hazel and Nico are children of Hades. Percy is a son of Poseidon and....Annabeth...she was a daughter of Athena, the smartest there was." I say only the names of the people they know. A tear drops from my eye at the mention of my fallen friend, no sister. 

"Don't believe us if you don't want to, but it is the truth. The truth can be scary sometimes but we all-" My sentence got cut off by a blinding light. 

When I open my eyes again fourteen people are standing in the great hall. The gods/goddesses. I instantly drop to my knees, the other demigods all do the same except for Percy who only bows his head. 

"Rise." My father says. 

"Who the hell are you?" Surprisingly a Hufflepuff yelled out. I thought he would be ashes in seconds, but the deities ignored him. 

"Instead of summoning you all to Olympus, we decided to come here." says Athena, her voice ever so solemn. "To reward one of tremendous bravery and loyalty." 

"Percy, my son." Poseidon says gently. "You have two wishes."

"Annabeth back." He says, automatically. The gods all look at the one wearing black, Hades. 

"I can not, but know that she is waiting for you." Hades says, is that kindness in his voice?

"Then I want you to leave me alone, no more fights, no more battles unless the world faces annihilation and I am the only one able to save it." Percy pauses, "my second wish is that a portal connecting the camps and Hogwarts to be built so that in times of trouble they can help each other. " Zeus snaps his fingers, "consider it done."

"Thank you." Percy bows his head again and most of the gods leave, all except two. 

Athena stepped up to Percy,"I was wrong to judge you. You have a soul of kindness and loyalty. Don't let anything change that." She smiles at him before flashing out of the room. 

Poseidon hugs Percy, "I am so sorry for your loss, just know I am always here for you. I am always listening. " He hugs him again before flashing out.

"Was that enough proof for you morons out there?" I shout and walk down the aisle. Reyna stops before following. 

"The one you do not name will be back, he will battle you again. When he does we will help you, but only if Harry succeeds and we can kill him." Reyna follows us down the pathway and into the newly placed portal. That was the most depressing year of my life.