Trap

Harry

We stumbled into Hogsmeade, everything was quiet. We walk into the Three Broomsticks and Percy orders three glasses of water.

"Thank you." Dumbledore says. The waitress nods her head before walking off.

We drink our water in silence, the cool liquid soothes our bodies. We slowly get up and leave the Three Broomsticks. I start to walk towards Hogwarts, only to stop. A symbol shines above a tower, the dark mark. I look at Dumbledore, who looks back at me. We need another way to get there, fast. Dumbledore takes out his wand and mumbles a spell, three broomsticks are before us.

"I can't fly." Percy says. Dumbledore stops and looks at Percy.

"Run as fast as you can." Percy nods than starts to run towards Hogwarts, at an incredible speed. I mount my broom and start to fly.

Our pace quickens, my heartbeat races. Who died? Was it one of my friends?

We fly towards the Headmasters Tower. When we reach the top balcony, all is still, quiet. No one is there, no body. A trap I think.

The dim green glow from the Mark Harry saw Dumbledore clutching at his chest with his blackened hand.

'Go and wake Severus,' said Dumbledore faintly but clearly.

'Tell him what's happened and bring him to me. Do nothing else, speak to nobody else and do not remove your Cloak. I shall wait here.'

'But –'

'You swore to obey me, Harry – go!'

I hurried over to the door leading to the spiral staircase, but my hand had only just closed upon the iron ring of the door when I heard running footsteps on the other side.

I looked around at Dumbledore, who gestured to me to retreat.

I backed away, drawing me wand as I did so.

The door bursts open and a boy comes out and disarms Dumbledore with the wave of his wand and the yell of a spell.

Draco Malfoy.

Malfoy stepped forwards, glancing around quickly to check that he and Dumbledore was alone.

His eyes fell upon the second broom.

'Who else is here?'

'A question I might ask you. Or are you acting alone?'

I saw Malfoy's pale eyes shift back to Dumbledore in the greenish glare of theMark.

'No,' he said. 'I've got back-up. There are Death Eaters here in your school tonight.'

'Well, well,' said Dumbledore, as though Malfoy was showing him an ambitious homework project. 'Very good indeed. You found a way to let them in, did you?'

'Yeah,' said Malfoy, who was panting.

'Right under your nose and you never realised!'

'Ingenious,' said Dumbledore.

'Yet ... forgive me ... where are they now?

You seem unsupported.'

'They are dealing with stuff below. I cam on ahead, I-I got a job to do'

'Well, no one likes an incomplete job, you must go ahead and do it.' Dumbledore says softly. There was nothing but silence, echoing through the room. Malfoy did nothing, but stare at Albus Dumbledore.

'Draco, you are not a killer'

'How do you know?' Malfoy counters. 'You don't know what I am capable of. You don't know what I have done!'

'Oh, yes I do. You have been trying with increasing desperation to kill me all year. They have been very feeble attempts...to be honest, I wonder whether your heart was really in it?"

"It has, and- "A muffled yell is heard from somewhere in the castle.

"How did you do it?" Dumbledore questions.

As though he could not help himself, he said, 'I had to mend that broken Vanishing Cabinet that no one's used for years. The one Montague got lost in last year.'

'Aaaah.'

Dumbledore's sigh was half a groan. He closed his eyes for a moment.

'That was clever ... there is a pair, I take it?'

'The other's in Borgin and Burkes,' said Malfoy, 'and they make a kind of passage between them. Montague told me that when he was stuck in the Hogwarts one, he was trapped in limbo but sometimes he could hear what was going on at school, and sometimes what was going on in the shop, as if the Cabinet was travelling between them, but he couldn't make anyone hear him ... in the end he managed to Apparate out, even though he'd never passed his test. He nearly died doing it. Everyone thought it was a really good story, but I was the only one who realised what it meant – even Borgin didn't know – I was the one who realised there could be a way into Hogwarts through the Cabinets if I fixed the broken one.'

'Very good,' murmured Dumbledore. 'So, the Death Eaters were able to pass from Borgin and Burkes into the school to help you ... a clever plan, a very clever plan ... and, as you say, right under my nose ...'

I knew Malfoy had been up to something, and yet no one ever believed me, I continued to watch as Malfoy threatens to kill Dumbledore.

Percy

I heard the army before I saw it. An I knew straight away that this was all a trap.

Death Eaters and monsters, allied together to create one gigantic army. By using the Dark Mark, they lured Dumbledore away from the fight, probably to target him one on one and get the most powerful wizard of the age away from the fight.

I run inside Hogwarts to try and find my friends, to devise a plan. I find them talking to the staff, no doubt about the army that's outside their doorstep.

They acknowledge my appearance with a simple nod before continuing with the conversation.

"The Order are fighting the Death Eaters that invaded the Castle as we speak, we need to fight the army that is right outside." Professor McGonagall says. "Professor Slughorn, please evacuate all the 5th years and lower from the castle, the 6th, 7th and 8th can stay and help fight, all those with medical training can go up to the infirmary and help Madam Promfrey." Professor Slughorn leaves.

"Percy, you are the leader, command your army." Mrs McGonagall says. Students start to run around scared.

"Tell the 6th, 7th, and 8th years to meet us in the courtyard. We have a battle to win." The professor nods her head and leaves, I turn to my demigod friends and we leave as one walking out of the castle and into the courtyard.