Tears of Sorrow

Annabeth

I look beyond the mountains, towards the horizon. The sun's rays glaring my vision. I put my hand over my eyes to shadow the sunlight. I see a large, odly-shaped bird in the distance coming towards Hogwarts.

"Look at that bird." I point it out to my friends. 

"Umm, Annabeth that isn't a bird." Percy says.

"Than what is it?"

"A pegasus, Porkpie to be exact."

"How do you know that? Do you have super vision or something?" Ron asks.

"I just know." His voice seemed to say "it isn't like I talked to the pegasus or anything." I smiled. It is probably someone from camp. 

As the pegasus gets closer, we can clearly identify that it is Porkpie, and that someone is riding him. The pegasus drops its altitude as it prepares to land on the grass covered ground. The wind underneath his wings causes the grass to sway as Porkpie makes the landing. I look over to Percy and see him shaking his head, probably something Porkpie said.

"Miss me?" A voice rang out. I looked up and saw Thalia on top of the pegasus. 

"Thalia!" I run up to her and hug her tight. 

"I missed you too." I smile. 

"Guys I need to tell you a lot of things. The trio as well." What could she want the trio to hear?

"Ok, lets go inside." Hazel says, Thalia nods than sends Porkpie away and walks with us into the school. 

"We will have to tell Dumbledore you are here." Hermione states.

"Yes, but I have really important things to say so that can wait." Thalia replies in a firm tone.

We head into a corridor and walk into an empty classroom and lock the door. 

"This is breaking the rules." Says Hermione.

"I can't have anyone else hearing this." Thalia retalitates.

"Go ahead then, we don't have all day." Nico says.

"Ok, have you guys heard the prophecy?"

"The march east, and the guy with the choice one? Yeah Trelawny said it." 

"Ok, good that leaves a lot less explaing. Here it goes....Reyna, Frank and I worked out that whatever it is, is going to attack this castle from the east at dusk. And that it has to be a boy who does the descion." Thalia takes a deep breath.

"That is all? We could of worked it out ourselves, we didn't need you to travell all the way back from America." Hermione says, smartassively.

Thalia glares at her, "I came here because I cared about my friends safety, and to tell them something that can only be said face to face." What must she say to us face to face? 

"What happened?" Percy dares to ask.

"No, no no no." Nico starts saying, oh this is going to be bad. Tears leave Nico's eyes and he looks at Thalia pleadingly,"how?"

Thalia's eyes start to water, "it-it all hapened so fast, Jason, he-he..." Thalia broke down into tears and hugged Nico who was also crying.

Than it hit me like an avalanche. Jason Grace is dead. 

I don't even try to stop them as the tears of sorrow leave my eyes like a landslide.