Chapter 130

You told Galaxy and Bandit to get off of Oreon. He thanked you for helping him and you both sat down on the couch. You sat next to him.

"You okay, Oreon?" You asked. He chuckled.

"Yeah, but I wasn't expecting them to tackle me once I opened the door." He replied. You both laughed together. You smiled at him, looking into his blue eyes. They were only ever this bright around you. You didn't know why, but you knew that there were things he'd never told you about his past. It was his choice, but you wished you could help him.

"Oreon, are you okay?" You asked.

"What? Yeah, of course. I'm fine. They'd never hurt me-"

"Oreon." He looked at you. His face fell.

"You...aren't talking about the wolves...are you?" He asked. You looked over at Galaxy and Bandit.

"Give us a minute, please." You said to them. They nodded and headed back outside to play in the snow. 

"(Y/n), why are you-" You hugged him.

"I can see through that act of yours, Oreon. I know you feel alone, but I need you to remember this for me. I never want to lose you and you mean more to me than you can even imagine. I know it's hard, Oreon, but you will find the right person for you. I can feel it." You told him softly. His body was frozen for a long time. He finally began to hug back.

"Yeah...I know." You pulled back. "(Y/n), I know you can feel it and I'm glad you care so much about me, but...no matter how I feel, I can smile knowing that you're satisfied. As long as you're happy, I'm happy for you. If anything ever happens to me, I don't want to cause you that kind of pain. So...do me a favor, okay?"

"A favor?" You asked. He cupped your cheek, a sad smile on his lips, but his eyes were filled with love.

"If there's ever a time where I don't come back, don't worry. Don't be sad and don't hesitate to forget me." You were shocked.

"Forget you? Oreon, I could never-"

"(Y/n)." You looked at him. "Promise me that I will never be the reason you're in pain ever again. Promise me....you'll delete all memory of me." He said. You just stared at him.

"Oreon..." You breathed. He hugged you.

"It's okay. I'd rather you forget than be in so much pain. I would never hate you for doing it." He told you.

"Oreon..." You whispered again, latching onto him with tears in your eyes. "Even if I tried, I could never forget you. You're my brother." There was silence for a minute.

"Yeah..." His grip on your shirt grew tighter. "I know."

Connor's POV

I heard them laughing together as I finally came down the stairs. I stayed absolutely silent and I peeked around the corner so I could see them. I saw Oreon smile at her. I could see the unwavering joy and love in his gaze. I felt guilt creeping into me. He loved her so much and I was the one she chose. He was so much more like her than I was. I didn't understand it. 

I was about to walk out when I heard her ask him a question that I felt was more serious than it had at first seemed to be.

"Oreon, are you okay?" He looked at her with a slightly confused smile.

"What? Yeah, of course. I'm fine. They'd never hurt me-"

"Oreon." She repeated. His face fell.

"You...aren't talking about the wolves...are you?" (Y/n) looked over at Galaxy and Bandit.

"Give us a minute, please." They nodded and headed back outside to play in the snow.

"(Y/n), why are you-" (Y/n) hugged him, cutting him off. Her back was to me, so she didn't notice me peeking around the corner. Oreon hadn't noticed me yet either....or....so I thought.

"I can see through that act of yours, Oreon. I know you feel alone, but I need you to remember this for me. I never want to lose you and you mean more to me than you can even imagine. I know it's hard, Oreon, but you will find the right person for you. I can feel it." She told him softly. His body was frozen for a long time. He looked too stunned to move or speak, overwhelmed by her words. Suddenly his face fell again into a sad expression of hurting emptiness. He finally began to hug her back.

"Yeah...I know." He said sadly. (Y/n) pulled back to face him. "(Y/n), I know you can feel it and I'm glad you care so much about me, but...no matter how I feel, I can smile knowing that you're satisfied. As long as you're happy, I'm happy for you. If anything ever happens to me, I don't want to cause you that kind of pain. So...do me a favor, okay?"

"A favor?" She asked. He cupped her cheek, a sad smile on his lips, but his eyes were filled with love. I just watched, wondering if he was going to kiss her. He didn't even though I could tell he wanted to.

"If there's ever a time where I don't come back, don't worry. Don't be sad and don't hesitate to forget me." (Y/n) looked shocked and so was I. He wants her to...forget him?

"Forget you? Oreon, I could never-" (Y/n) began to protest, but he stopped her in the same way she had stopped him.

"(Y/n)." I listened. "Promise me that I will never be the reason you're in pain ever again. Promise me....you'll delete all memory of me." He said. She just stared at him.

"Oreon..." She breathed in disbelief. He hugged her, shutting his eyes as he held her body close to his own.

"It's okay. I'd rather you forget than be in so much pain. I would never hate you for doing it." He told her a grief-filled smile on his lips as his eyes focused on the hand he had place on her upper back.

"Oreon..." She whispered again, latching onto him with tears in her eyes. "Even if I tried, I could never forget you. You're my brother." There was silence for a minute. Oreon's gaze looked dead and empty as his eyes slowly raised to meet mine. Our gazes locked.

"Connor...she loves you. Don't you ever throw that away. If I die...take care of her. Make sure she doesn't feel the pain that I feel. I know you don't like me having moments like this with her and you have every right to be protective, but...never be jealous of me, Connor. She will always love you. That's a fact." I stared at him. 

"Oreon...you can't just give up." I told him. He stared at me, his eyes not moving at all.

"I already have." His grip on (Y/n) tightened as he closed his eyes, embracing her.

"Yeah...I know."

(Heya everybody! I felt like we needed a down to Earth chapter with Oreon. This was an important scene for me because it shows how far Oreon is willing to go even though (Y/n) will never love him in the same way. While he's changed dramatically, his goal will always remain the same. I felt like he deserved a more proper display of his emotions other than he loves (Y/n), but is uncomfortable around Connor since Connor is the one she chose because that's not the case. I can tell you that Oreon has a future ahead of him, so make sure you aren't just skimming through meh chapters! 

Also, I'm so happy that my first book has reached 730k! That's INSANE guys! Now, I have a very simple task for you all. Think you can share THIS book with others? I love getting feedback and I love reading comments and the thing is this book IS getting views, but it feels like even though I'm trying to do a better storyline for this one it's not getting noticed because my other one has so many views. It feels like not many people are actually reading this one so can yals help an author out, please. It'd be much appreciated. owo

Anyway! This is Spiritwing howling a goodbye! Author, AHWOOOOOT!)