Chapter 60

You were playing in the yard with Galaxy, Bandit, and Connor. You all loved to play together. Galaxy and Bandit would race for the frisbee while you and Connor would watch them together. Other times the wolves would tackle you both and you'd all roll around in the grass together. Today was one of those days.

"Come on Bandit!" You laughed. He ran over and leaped onto you. You fell with a thud and a loud laugh as he licked your face happily. He was still a serious wolf, but now he was beginning to learn to let loose a bit more.

Connor was playing with Galaxy. She really seemed to like him. He threw a ball for her and she took off after it. You laughed as she tumbled to snatch it up. She got up and shook herself off before bounding back over to the both of you and Bandit raced over to greet her as she did. You chuckled. You had gotten a bit dirty from the bit of play time.

"I think I'm gonna go take a shower." You said. Connor nodded.

"I think I should visit Hank. It's always nice to be in his company, even if he can be quite grouchy at times." Connor chuckled with a smile. You laughed a little as well.

"Okay. I'll see you in a little while then." You said. You both shared a quick kiss before you went inside and Connor took a moment to help Galaxy and Bandit clean off their paws so they could also go inside.

You walked up to your now shared room with Connor and you grabbed some different clothes so you could change afterward. You walked to the closest bathroom and shut the door. You began to change out of your dirty clothing. you heard a knock on the door.

"Yeah, Con?" You called.

"I'll be back soon okay?" You chuckled.

"Got it, chief." You replied. You heard a light chuckle. "Bye, Connor!" You called.

"Goodbye, (Y/n)." He replied and you heard him leave. You turned on the water and hopped into the shower. You shivered as the cold water touched your skin, but then it grew warmer and you relaxed. You hummed to yourself as you began to wash up.

??? POV

System Reboot Contemplating....

System Status: !%#$*&^#

Attempting Reactivation:.....Activation Successful

My eyes opened, my vision glitching horribly. I couldn't see a thing. I gasped as I came to life. I rolled over and fell hard onto the floor. I tossed a tarp that was on me aside.

WARNING! HEALTH STATUS CRITICAL! SHUTDOWN TIME: 0:30-0:29-0:28

I looked around, trying to find anything to save myself. I spotted the old spare parts. I dragged myself toward them. I rummaged desperately until I grabbed what I needed. I took out my thirium pump and quickly replaced it. I gasped for air. I was breathing hard as my body slowly started to adapt to its sudden recovery. I was able to take in where I was now. I was still at the house? I groaned as my head started spinning.

"What...happened to me?" I thought about it and then I suddenly remembered everything. I realized that I had to get out of there. I ran up the steps. I cautiously exited the basement. I looked around. I wondered how long I had been out. I pushed it aside. I'd figure that out later.

I ran upstairs and I ran to my closet. I found some of my old stuff was there. I changed my outfit so that way I was clean again. I walked downstairs and looked around. I saw two wolves on the couch. They both looked at me and I was stunned. "Bandit!?" He barked and raced up to me. They both started sniffing me like no tomorrow. "Whoa! Easy boy! Yeah, it's me." I said. I pet him and I pet his new friend. "So everybody is still staying here? That's...weird. Guess they must've taken care of...him." I growled at the memory. Bandit and the she-wolf looked confused. I didn't understand why that would confuse them. I stood up. I sat down on the couch. Guess I'll just have to wait until somebody comes home.

Your POV

You finished your shower and dried off. You suddenly heard footsteps. They sounded rushed and heavy. You felt fear. Who's here? That's not Connor. Something wrong. You quickly finished getting dressed. You heard the footsteps again. They headed downstairs. You didn't hear the door though. They didn't leave? You quickly looked for anything to defend yourself with. You hurried to your room and you grabbed the old gun you had from the department. You crept downstairs. You listened. You heard the TV was on and that somebody had sat down on the couch. You swallowed hard, hoping that you were just paranoid. Maybe it's just Dell or Jacob trying to scare me. You thought. You peeked around the corner and if it was possible, your blood would've run cold. It can't be...

??? POV

I watched some shows, but then I heard a voice. 

"You're alive..." I turned. I was shocked. I stood up. It was her. She looked like she was staring at a ghost. "Oreon..." She breathed. I smiled.

"(Y/n)." I couldn't express my joy. She ran up to me and I gladly hugged her. "I'm so glad you're okay. What happened? Did he hurt you? Is he gone? Er, nevermind. It doesn't matter. What matters is that you're safe and I get to be with you again." I said. She pulled back.

"Oreon, I thought you were dead. I thought Connor had killed you, but...you're really back! Wait, we left you in the basement. Did you wake up just now?" She asked. I nodded.

"Yeah. I did." I replied. I suddenly remembered something. I have to tell her how I feel. This is my chance! I thought. "Uh, hey, (Y/n), I wanted to ask you something." I said, holding her close to me.

"If it's about Connor you don't have to worry about him anymore." She said. I paused.

"Wait, what? What happened? Did you kill him?" I asked, hoping that would be a yes.

"What? Oh no, of course not! I could never hurt Connor! He saved my life! He's really so sweet and he's the only one for me. I forgave him not too long ago." I felt her words start to stab my heart.

"W-what do you mean?" I asked.

"Oh, Connor and I are a couple now! We've only been together about five days, but it's everything I dreamed of. He's perfect. I love him so much." She said, blushing with a dreamy look in her eyes. I felt like I had just been hit by a truck. I stood there, unable to move out of the shock and realization. "Oreon? Are you okay." I let go of her.

"That's amazing (Y/n). I'm happy for you." I said.

"Really? Thanks! I'm glad you aren't upset. You aren't mad at him, are you? He's really sorry for what happened." She said.

"Not mad at all. It's clear he's changed." I said. She smiled.

"Thanks for understanding, Oreon. Hey, I wanted to tell you something." She said. I was confused for a second.

"What's that?" I asked. She kissed my cheek.

"That I hope it's okay for me to call you my brother." She said. Those words hit the hardest. 

"Yeah! Of course! I'd love nothing more!" I said. She looked pleased. 

"Really? Sweet! I'm so glad you're alright with it! Well, I have to go walk the wolves quick. If Connor comes back, explain to him what happened! I don't want to two trying to kill each other again. I'll see you later, Oreon!" She said as she headed for the doors with the wolves.

"Bye." I replied. She gave me a smile and left. I sat down on the couch. He kills me...and yet he gets the girl. Tears rolled down my face. She'll never love me like I love her. It hit me so hard. I curled up and started sobbing. W-why? W-why is this happening to me?