Chapter 36

Connor's POV

Hank was talking to one of the officers that ad been there last night. I got out of the car as he finished up the call. I was slightly concerned as he hung up.

"Is everything ok, Lieutenant?" I asked, standing there in the lightly falling snow next to him.

"Chris was on patrol last night. He was attacked by a bunch of deviants. Said he was saved by Markus himself."

"Is Chris ok?" I asked.

"Yeah. He's in shock, but..he's alive." Hank replied. I nodded, relieved that no lives were lost. That was a good thing. We walked up Elijah Kamski's home. I didn't like it. Something about it made me uncomfortable. It was if every instinct I had was saying there was danger here.

"I have a bad feeling, Lieutenant. We shouldn't have come here." I said.

"Bad feeling, huh? Should get your program checked. Might be a glitch." Hank said. I frowned, knowing he what he was implying, but I decided not to contradict him.

Hank rang the doorbell. A female android answered the door. She had blond hair and blue eyes. She was a rather pretty model. "Hi, I'm Lieutenant Hank Anderson, Detroit Police Department. I'm here to see Mr. Elijah Kamski." Hank said.

"Please, come in." She said with a smile. We both walked inside. "I'll let Elijah know you're here. But please make yourselves comfortable." Hank sat down and I began to look around, letting my curiosity get the best of me for a little bit.

"Nice girl." Hank commented. I thought about it. The girl was pretty, but the subject of girls was now...a hard one for me. I still felt like such a fool doing that. Am I ever going to let this go? She was just one android. Then again, I guess that would be two including...Oreon.

"Yes. She is." It was all I wanted to say. Hank looked at me, but I refused to return his gaze. He noticed my unease.

"Connor, are you remembering (Y/n)?" He asked. I didn't like lying, but I didn't want to tell the truth either.

"No. I just don't see how that was very important. I'm sorry." I said, trying not to sound rude or upset. Hank didn't say anything further about it.

"Nice place. Guess androids haven't been a bad thing for everybody. So, you're about to meet you're maker, Connor. How does it feel?" He asked instead.

"Kamski is one of the great geniuses of the 21st century. It'll be interesting to meet him in person." I replied. I looked around a bit more. As I looked I spotted a picture of Kamski and Amanda together. I was stunned. Amanda...? Then the android girl came back, cutting my off from my thoughts.

"Elijah will see you now." She said. I followed Hank in and saw him swimming in a big pool.

"Mr. Kamski?" Hank questioned.

"Just a moment please." He said. He swam over to the ladder. He climbed out and the android handed him a robe. She put it on for him and he turned to face us.

"I'm Lieutenant Anderson. This is Connor." Hank said. "Sir, we're investigating deviants. I know you left Cyberlife years ago, but we were hoping you'd be able to tell us something we don't know." Hank said. He thought about it.

"Deviants. Fascinating, aren't they? Perfect beings with infinite intelligence, and now they have free will. Machines are so superior to us, confrontation was inevitable. Humanity's greatest achievement threatens to be its downfall. Isn't it ironic?" Kamski said.

"Deviancy seems to spread like some kind of virus. We thought you might know something about that." Connor said

"All ideas are viruses that spread like epidemics. Is the desire to be free a contagious disease?" Kamski asked.