Chapter 48

You glared at Connor, ripping your wrist free. He seriously thinks I want to speak to him? You thought. It pissed you off to no end.

"What hint do I need to give you in order for you to leave me alone?" You growled.

"(Y/n), whether you care or not I might not come back from Cyberlife and I don't want to leave knowing I didn't at least try to talk to you." He said. You sighed.

"Fine, what do you want to say?" You said, facing him with your arms crossed.

"I wanted to say I'm sorry." He said. That set you over the edge. You snatched his wrist, your grip nearly crushing it. You yanked him away to a different room and closed the door and locked it. "(Y/n)?" He asked, clearly nervous. You whipped around with a look of pure rage on your face.

"You're SORRY!?" You shouted at him. He pulled back, stunned. "You're sorry? WOW! I'm touched by your concern! Sure I forgive you for stabbing me, not in my back, oh no, but RIGHT IN MY FUCKING SKULL!" You shouted. You whipped around, your fists shaking in fury. 

"I didn't know what I was doing! Please, let me explain, (Y/n)!" He said.

"Why should I!? I cared about you! I was your friend! I thought you cared, but you only gave a shit about your fucking mission! I bet you would've turned me over in a heartbeat if you knew I was a deviant! I meant NOTHING to you!" You shouted.

"That's not true!" He said.

"Oh really!? I'm sure you would've wanted to be with me if you knew I was a deviant! If I had told you the truth, and answer me honestly, what would you have done?" You asked. He looked sad, but he hesitated. You scoffed. "I knew it." You growled. "Do me a favor, stay the hell away from me." You growled.

"(Y/n), I wouldn't have turned you in and you know it!" He said. You paused. You turned back around to face him.

"What?" You asked.

"(Y/n)...do you know why I didn't try to find you? Because I was scared. I was scared of seeing you get destroyed. I...I never wanted this to happen." He said. You thought about what he said. You gave a heavy sigh.

"If you cared, you wouldn't have done that. Violence is never the answer, but that's exactly what you used." You said. He frowned.

"(Y/n), please let me-"

"No." You said. You turned away from him. "Your charm isn't going to work it's damn wonders this time, Connor. You're not a part of me anymore," You said, opening the door to leave. You looked over your shoulder, looking him straight in the eye. "and I'm not sorry." You left without another word and without looking back. You felt a deep agonizing pain in your chest. You shut your eyes tight. "I'm not sorry." A tear ran down your cheek. W-why does it still hurt like it just happened? You wondered and quickly dashed to another room. You shut the door and locked it. You leaned up against it, staring at the ceiling as you slid down the door. You tried to choke back your sobs, but they came and you couldn't stop them. Tears rushed down your face. Make it stop. You hugged your knees as close as you could to your chest as you continued to sob and cry to yourself. I just want it to stop.

Connor's POV

She left and I felt a deep pain in my chest. I shut my eyes, trying to force it away. Why...? I gripped my shirt where my thirium pump was. Why does it hurt so much? I shut the door and locked it again. I tried to breathe my way through it, but it was impossible. I fell to my knees. I SCREWED EVERYTHING UP! I screamed at myself, wishing I could change it. 

I soon felt the pain subside, but it was replaced with overwhelming guilt. I forced myself to stand, composing myself once more. I'm sorry. I wish I could show you how sorry I am, (Y/n). I wish you could forgive me. I wish...I wish I could hug you. I wish I could tell you how I feel. I wish I understood how I feel. I'm so new to this. 

I knew I had to get going. I wish I could make you smile. I wish I could hear you laugh one more time. I wish...I wish I could kiss you again. 

I headed out, going to get myself ready for my mission. I promise I won't fail you. Not again. I won't let you die tonight. Even if you don't want me to, I will do anything for you. I promise. And I promise I will never break a promise again.

Your POV

You soon stopped crying and you were able to regain your neutral stature. You walked back out with no emotion being portrayed in any way possible. You saw Connor leave to go prepare for his mission. You felt a hint of concern. "I might not come back from Cyberlife." You remembered his words. The thought of Connor dead sent a zap of terror through your body. You shook it off. No. I don't care. I DON'T care. 

You went over to Bandit and sat down on as he sat on the floor next to you. You sighed, petting his head. He let out a concerned whine. You gave him a reassuring smile.

"I'm fine, boy." You told him. He nudged your leg. You sighed. "Bandit, it's nothing." He let out a low growl and you gave in. "I don't know what to do about him anymore." You admitted to the wolf beside you. 

"I think you should give him a chance." He said.

"What? Why?" You asked.

"Everybody makes mistakes, big and small. Maybe he's isn't as bad as you think he is." He said and padded off. You thought about it. No. No, I just can't. Then, Markus started to speak.

"Humans have decided to exterminate us. Our people are packed in camps right now, being destroyed. Time had come to make a choice, one that very well may determine the future of our people. I know. I know you're all angry. And I know you wanna fight back, but I assure you violence is not the answer here. We are going to tell them peacefully that we want justice. If there's any humanity in them, they will listen. And if not, others will take our place and continue this fight. Are you ready to follow me?" Markus said. Cheers burst out and you heard then chant his name. You smiled at him in approval. Let's do this.