Chapter 87

Collin's POV

That was it. I made the choice. I shot him. At least, I thought that was the end. 

Connor's eyes shot open as he realized he was still alive and that I hadn't killed him. I had aimed at Alisandra, but Richard had pushed her out of the way and I had only grazed his arm. (Y/n) was right. If I made a mistake in the future, Alisander wouldn't hesitate to torture me for it and then throw me out like I was nothing. Connor was willing to risk his life for (Y/n). He was selfless. I had been so blinded. I understood now. I had been wrong to bring (Y/n) here. 

"Collin!?" (Y/n) exclaimed. I looked at her.

"You were right, (Y/n). I do care." I said, with a tiny side smile. Alisandra looked pissed.

"I KNEW I COULDN'T TRUST A STUPID PIECE OF PLASTIC!" She yelled, not even caring that Richard had just been shot in the arm. "Whatever! Have fun getting out!" She slammed her fist and the emergency alarm with a sadistic grin. 

"Shit!" I cursed. I had a choice to make. I could either save (Y/n) and leave Connor to die or save Connor and risk being too late to come back and save (Y/n). (Y/n) would never truly forgive me if I chose her. I grabbed Connor and I ran for the elevator.

"STOP IT!!" Alisandra screamed in fury. I kept running. 

"RUN COLLIN!!" I heard (Y/n) scream. I wrapped Connor's good arm around my shoulder, encouraging him to hold on and I put my other arm under his legs. I knew the elevator would've been in use, so I took the emergency fire escape stairway. I hurried down 25 stories with Connor in my grasp. I made sure not to drop him. If I did, it could've potentially been enough to kill him. I paused, trying to catch my breath. I set Connor down and I looked over his wounds.

"W-why...?" He asked. I looked at him. I knew he was probably very confused as to how I could deviate just like that where it took him multiple choices. 

"Being the most advanced, they tried to make me unable to deviate at all, but with all these upgrades, it evens out. I had a fifty-fifty shot of deviancy, but none of them knew that and I never told them. I had always been afraid of being dismantled. I saw how they could torture you for their own pleasure and...I couldn't. When I looked at you....I saw myself." He looked like he wanted to say something, but I heard something come from above us.

"T-they're coming...y-you can't carry me out of here, Collin." Connor said. "You should've taken (Y/n) and ran with her." 

"(Y/n) would've killed me if I did that, and she wouldn't have left you. I didn't have time to save both of you, but I know Alisandra's plans for the most part. We have 26 hours before she is able to put it into action. With luck that will e enough time to fix you and get (Y/n) out of here." I said, taking off his shirt so I could use it to help stop his bleeding. 

"GO, GO, GO! They're heading for the main floor!" I heard a soldier above us shout.

"Hang on!" I said. I picked him up on my back and I did something crazy. I jumped down the center of the stairway. Connor shrieked in surprise as we went into a tight fitted free fall.

"COLLIN ARE YOU INSANE!?"

"I SAID HOLD ON!" I shouted and I caught one of the rails after we fell 32 stories. I dangled there for a moment as I allowed Connor to brace for the next fall.

"W-what was THAT!?"

"How we're getting down! Hang on!" I said.

"You're crazy-AAAHHHHHH!!"

"My body is incredibly reinforced for jumps and falls like this! Cyberlife took everything into account!" I shouted as we fell. I caught a rail after we went down 28 more stories. I could only fall 35 stories at a time without the strain being too much on my arm. 

"I-if it was possible, I think I would be sick..." Connor groaned.

"That's just your blood loss talking." I said. "Only 16 more to go!" 

"16 too many-AHH!" I fell 14 more stories. I pulled us onto the staircase and I ran down the last two. I burst out the door, but soldiers were waiting for us.

"Tell me that arm still works!" I said.

"I-it works enough..." He groaned, getting weaker by the minute.

"Then use it and don't let go of me!" I said.

"T-that's what I've been doing!" He said. I let go of his legs and I took out my gun. I shot the soldiers, running by them as they fell. "G-good aim..." Connor groaned. I grinned a small bit. I kept going, Connor desperately trying to hold on to me. I saw the doors were shut tight up ahead and the metal bars were closing. I ran faster. 

"This might sting, Connor!" I warned.

"Great..." He groaned. I charged through the glass, it cut parts of my body, but I protected Connor for the most part. "G-get to the helicopter...the others are o-on a boat out on the w-water..." He breathed. I knew he was getting bad when he could barely speak.

"Hang on, Connor. We're almost there." I said. I hurried toward the helicopter, shooting any soldier around us. I quickly put Connor in the passenger side in the front and I leaped over him. I started it up as bullets kept flying past us through the glass. One narrowly missed my head. I got hit in the shoulder, but I was able to take off and escape. 

I headed toward the boat that Connor had mentioned. It was already heading back for shore and luckily Alisander must've deemed it useless to go after us because nobody was following.

"Collin..." Connor croaked. I glanced over at him. He ever the weakest smile on his face, but he was still smiling at me. "T-thank you..." I was surprised. I turned my attention back to the controls.

"I am not very good at manners, but...you're welcome, Connor." I said. He basically went limp in his seat, barely able to do anything else.

"I-if we're basically the same model...does that make us brothers?" He asked, his voice growing more hoarse. I thought about it.

"I...suppose it could potentially." I replied. Connor gave a weak chuckle.

"W-wonder....how Hank will react to that...." He said.

"React to us? How is he going to react to you being this damaged?" I said with a small grin. Connor chuckled lightly.

"I-I best prepare for a lecture after I'm fixed..." He said.

"I would advise that." I replied. I looked at Connor, frowning again. 

System Status: Shutdown Time: 2:30-2:29-2:28

I've made my mistake, but I won't let it ruin your life. I'm sorry, Connor. We'll fix you. Just hang on....brother.