4. Presents

As I step out of the store, I was greeted with chilly wind hitting me right on the face making me smile but a small shiver runs down my spine making me tighten my hold around the flannel.

I take out my phone from my right back pocket and search for near by book stores.

*I got this feeling on the summer da-*

My screen turns black and Bella's name pops up.

I press the green button and put the phone to my ear.

"Hellleeerrrr"

"Hey" I hear an out of breath Bella.

"Woah what did I say no calling when you are doing something I don't wanna imagine."

"Shut up" Bella mutters.

"But seriously just don't call me when you do something dirty, it's makes me really uncomfortable" I say trying to keep the seriousness in my voice.

"Seriously shut up" Bella says, now clearly irritated.

"Okay so what's up?" I chuckle asking her.

"Come home right now!!" she basically yells through the phone.

"Whaa-what happen!? Is everything okay?" I panicked as a lot of shit raced through my mind.

"Just come home!" Bella screams from the other side and with that phone goes dead.

I tried to call her again but her phone straight goes to voicemail. After calling her few times and realising I will not get any answers. Without giving a second thought I sprint towards the direction of my house.

After four-five minutes I reach the front of the house and see Charlie, Bella, a guy on wheel chair with a hat and a dude with long hair and tan skin are crowded near a weird looking red truck.

As soon as Bella sees me, she starts running towards me.

She jumps on me, I almost fell but somehow manage to keep my balance and gently push Bella off of me.

She starts to jump up and down like a little child on a Christmas, "Dad got me the truck as a home coming present."

"Are you an idiot? I thought something happened to you!" I smack the back of her head. 

She mumbles a quick apology clearly not meaning it and pulls me towards the front porch of the house.

We walk toward the group of men who are standing near the truck, Charlie looks at me, "What do you think?"  I nod looking at the truck "It's really great" I reply.

It looks like an old truck but can work like a monster, it has mud patches and lil dents here and there.

"It's a 196-" 

"It's a 1963 Chevy StepSide C-10 pickup" I cut off the the long hair dude and look at him, he face was in shock but he quickly recovers, replacing it with a smile.

He extends his hand "I am Jacob Black."

"Tara" I say completely ignoring his hand. He gives me weird vibes.

"So how do you know?"

"How do I know what?"

He points towards the truck, "Oh, it's just one of my interests"  I say without giving him detailed explanation for my love for cars. He nods, continuing "I installed a new engine and new set of snow tires, she will run as smooth as silk." 

Bella come towards us and Jacob tells her the same thing.

I hear laughing from my right side and see Charlie and man in the wheel chair playing tag, unknowingly a small smile plays on my lips.

"It gets worse with the age" I hear Jacob, I look back at them, he was talking to Bella and she just keeps smiling making me roll my eyes.

Bella opens the truck door, hitting Jacob in the gut.

Making  me laugh and Bella mumbles a sorry.

Jacob gets in from the other side.

Soon I hear the engine come to life, damn that sound though I can tell Jacob did a serious job on it.

Note the sarcasm.

After playing, Charlie and the man stroll towards me, "I am Billy and you must be Tara" I nod at him, he continues, "Don't worry kiddo, your dad will hook you with a present too" he tells me,
making Charlie groan, "It was suppose to be a surprise Bill", "Well it's still a surprise it's just she knows that she will get one too" Charlie just sighs and Billy pops out his tongue so did Charlie.

I am going to lie if I didn't say that I am beyond amused with their childishness.

Bella and Jacob appear into our view and I see Bella cozying up to Jacob.

Weird.

Soon the Black's said goodbye and went their way.

We enter our house and Charlie crashes on the couch, while me and Bella go upstairs talking about school for tomorrow, We separate our ways when we reach the top and go to our rooms.

I enter my room, turning the light switch on which is conveniently placed near my night stand. A white, small light illuminated my entire room.

I take out my black backpack from the cupboard and a simple yellow pouch and start to organize it with books and stationary. Charlie already bought me my supplies a day before I landed in Forks .

After couple of minutes I was done, I zip the bag close and place it on my desk.

I walk towards my wardrobe and take out my shorts and an old tank top. I quickly change my clothes and place them in a basket near the bathroom door and go  to bed.

I switch off the light and drift to sleep.
——-
Status: edited