(S2) Chapter 34 - Revealed

"Mingyu?" You whisper, your eyes watch as buildings passed by, the morning light contoured every detail. Slowly more buildings started to appear, soon enough the both of you were in the city. You didn't even know where he was taking you.

"Hm?" He hums, But his eyes remain on the road.

"Are you going to tell me now?" You turn to look at him, his expression was dull, he wasn't thinking of anything until you spoke.

"What do you want to know?"

"Everything." He chuckles, looking at you before saying.

"There's quite a lot. What would you like to know first?" You bite your lip, you tasted blood, you couldn't imagine what you looked like right now.

"You. How did you know where I was?" He gives a shy smile.

"I'm- I wasn't exactly who I said I was in the beginning."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm not just your tutor, I'm your guard. I was hired to watch over you." Your eyes widen, looking at him in shock.

"When you were rescued for the island, the nurse that interviewed you suggested to keep watch over you. Therefore, I was assigned to become your "tutor"." Your mouth was agape, you felt mixed emotions, betrayal, thankful.. scared?

"So that time you took me in when I passed out, that was just a part of your mission?" He sighs, nibbling on his lip.

"Yes.. and no. Of course I am supposed to watch over you. But you were also a friend to me, so I emotionally felt bonded. You aren't just my mission Y/n." You lean back against your seat, you felt chills over your body while you were in thought.

"I can't believe it." He looks at you softly, then speaking to break the tension.

He reaches for his phone which was on the tray between us.

"You might want to call your family. They've been extremely worried about you." He hand his phone to you, and with a shaky hand you take it.

Taehyung.

All you want right now is to hear his voice, and to sink into his chocolate eyes. The warm aura he gave off, the smell of chocolate cologne you gave him that he wore for you. You hope he won't get upset that you lost the ring, as stupid as that sounds in the situation.

"Actually, all of your friends came back, they've been worried about you too. They all are at their dorm now."

"Really?" You ask, your ears turning a pink.

"Mhm, they've decided to delay their tour because you went missing. The staff saw that all of them were not performing well, since they were worried. So they let them come back." You can't help but to feel warmth in your heart, you can't wait to see all of them again. You were missing everyone when you were locked away, you were so curious how they were.

"Y/n. I know you're happy you get to see them again. But I have to tell you something that happened, on how I exactly I found you."

"And that is?"

"I work with the police department, I'm not really a college student, as you know now. And.. I was assigned to this case that may help me find you." He looks at you, with soft eyes.

"Your parents were attacked a couple days ago. When I got to your house it was trashed, sh*t everywhere. The investigators found chemicals that led me to the factory you were at, that's how I was able to find you. And your parents are okay, just minor bruises. So don't worry to much."

"How can you tell me not to worry?! What happened?"

"Nova, they've been leaving notes at each place they were at. Your friends have been on a goose chase to find you with her leaving clues everywhere. When they were at your house, looking around. I found the notes they found, I read them. That's when I knew the full situation."

"I did research on that name, Nova."

"There was honestly not anything about her. She was quite secretive. There was nothing about her in public records. All I know is that she was on the same island you were on, your brother was in the same clan as her. The people in her clan continued working for her even now."

"What do you mean? She erased her own records?"

"She was never in the records, Y/n. There were no files to erase." Your face pales at his words, confused.

"She was never born, she was never on the cruise, she never existed until now."

"How- How is that possible?"

"I'm not sure, but it isn't just her y/n. There is someone above her running the commands, someone else who was on the island."

"Who?" He sighs, before saying-

"The name jae-hwa sound familiar?"

Your eyes widen, the name pulling at cogs in your mind. You place the puzzle pieces together.

The boy who was kicked out of our camp before? For treason? That was his name right? I remember... That jae-hwa?

"Seems like you do. You've talked about multiple camps on the island. Your old camp, camp 002, nova's camp, bangtan.. but there's one more."

"The immortal wings. Thats what they call themselves."

"How do you know this?"

"You don't think I explored a bit before I found you?" He smirks.

"This one guy, I made him tell me who was the group responsible for your capture. Of course he blamed Nova, but with a bit more.. cooperation, he told me of another group from the island who was bound for life, that they were to protect other group leaders, for the islands peace. Jae-Hwa is in charge, and he's now looking for you."

"Namjoon never told me this.." you whisper, Mingyu bites his lip, then looks at you seriously, stopping the car.

"You killed your camp leader right? And now they think you were the one who killed Nova. You have two kills of leaders on your shoulders. And now the whole entire f*cking community of the immortal wings are after you. One life is losing solitary confinement. Two lives to them is immediate death." You pale, shaking at what he just said, everything was a blur.

You were going to scream, cry, panic. But you didn't have time when a car slams into the back of yours.

——

In light of this book hitting 5K.. which is absolutely unbelievable.. I'm posting this as an early chapter. Thank you so much!