2. Hello Forks!

I feel someone shaking me lightly.

"Go away" I grumble.

"Ma'am?"

"Leave me alone" I wave my hand hitting something soft.

"Ma'am!"

"Huh?" Finally I snap my eyes open, as soon as I opened my eyes I regretted the decision. The amount of light entered my retina made me thought for a moment that Jesus himself has come downstairs to greet me. I blink multiple times finally adjusting to the blinding white.

"Wake up, We have landed in Forks" I hear air hostess's voice.

I finally look around to see that I am the only one left.

"Sorry" I shyly smile and scratch the back of head, quickly fixing my black beanie and my red flannel as I straighten out my white t-shirt that I was wearing. Dusting off the imaginary dust from my pants. I open the compartment and grab my luggage and start to walk towards the exit.

I hastily did all the formalities and walk towards the big green sign 'EXIT' that was pasted over a medium sized double glass door.

As I walk through the door, cold wind and little bit of rain hit me.

That's what I missed the most about Forks back at Arizona, cold and rain.

I really love chilly weather but Bella she is the total opposite, she loves sunny days and hot weather.

I am still in shock that Bella agreed to come here.

I hear loud blaring of a police horn and I whip my head into the direction of the sound, Charlie's cruiser.

I run towards it with, without care about the water splashing around my feet soaking my jeans wet from the bottom.

Charlie steps out of the car as soon as he sees me and opens the trunk for me to put my suitcase.

I quickly run towards the passenger seat as rain started to get heavier. I open the door and slide in, Charlie getting in the driver's side.

Charlie is the chief of police in Forks. I have a great bond with Charlie, unlike Bella.

"So how is it going kiddo?" he asks sounding little awkward and hesitant.

I guess Bella gave him the two word treatment.

I put up my best smile and reply "It's going amazing! but I really missed being in Forks." I let out a breath as I see him visibly relaxing a bit, "Forks missed you too" he says with a small smile and I nod at him.

Not to let any awkwardness settle between us. "Where is Bella?" I ask, trying to keep the conversation going.

"She was in her room, doing some school work." He shrugged.

"She was always like this" I sigh.

Charlie nods.

After an hours later, we arrive at Charlie's house.

I missed this place.

His house was two stories, white in color with a backyard surrounded by trees.

We don't live in isolation it's just Forks, one will see mountains and trees covering almost everything.

And I absolutely love it.

I start to walk toward the back of the car but Charlie's voice stops me "Don't bother I'll get it, you go inside" I nod and walk towards the stairs.

I open the door and close it behind me, door slightly creaks at my action, it is an old house but it always felt like better than the one in Arizona.

Taking in my surroundings. I breath out happily, nothing is changed.

"Bella I am here!" I shout on top of my lungs and soon I hear footsteps coming downstairs.

Bella comes into my view and launches herself at me, hugging me.

"Finally you are here! At least now I'll know someone at school" she squeals happily, making me laugh.

The door creaks again, showing Charlie with my luggage.

"Common kiddo I'll show you your room" Charlie stars walking upstairs, carrying my luggage with him.

"I'll see you later" I say looking at Bella.

I followed Charlie up the stairs and he opens the door opposite to I am guessing, Bella's room.

The room was the perfect size and it was cozy.

There are two windows giving me the view of the forest. Whereas Bella's has the view of the main road, I think.

It was painted in white with splashes of black here and there. I like it.

"I was about to get your room painted pink." I tensed looking at Charlie.

"But I decided to call your mom and ask about your preferences." I nod at him, making a mental note to thank mum later.

"I am glad you didn't. I hate pink color." I say, making Charlie chuckle.

"But you used to- "

"Yeah 'used to' but not anymore" I cut him off.

Charlie laughs "Okay then kiddo I'll let you settle in."

I give him a small smile as he left my room.

-/-

I let out a huge sign to see my suitcase empty. I just got done unpacking.

I plop down on my bed and look around, there is nothing but a bed and a wooden table with a black Philips lamp on it, and a chair.

It's almost empty.

It needs a little bit of my touch

"Let's get over with this bargain" I mumble under my breath before walking out the room.

I hop downstairs and walk to kitchen and see Charlie trying to flip something on pan. I chuckle under my breathe and stand near him.

"Whatcha you doin?" I ask leaning forward in the counter.

"Ummm I am just trying to flip this thing" he says scraping the omelette with the spatula.

"Here lemme do it" I bump my hip to his making him shift to the side and grab the pan from his hand.

I skill-fully flip the omelet and look at Charlie is face was looking like a fish, opening and closing it like I did something magical "something else?" I smirk at him "uhm no" he says still starring at the flipped omelette.

"Uhm dad?"

"Yeah?"  He looks up from his plate.

"I need lil cash."

"For what?"

"To get somethings for my room"

"Okay"

He hands me a bill of $200

I look at 200 bill in shock, but quickly shake it off before he changes his mind "Thanks!" I open the front door and head towards  the home decor store.

——————
Status: edited