Sixty Five

I want to send my condolences to August and his nieces for the passing of Chandra.

On a brighter note, every last song on the Forever and A Day Ep is a fucking bop. I'm happy for that amazing body of music.

--

Yalannah

Ninety percent of all triplets are born prematurely, so I shouldn't have been surprised but I still was. I can't believe my babies are coming a month early. August and I still hadn't finished the nursery.

My mother was in the back seat with me, coaching me, Yolanda sat in the passenger seat, and August rushed into the driver seat about to start the car.

My dad, my brother, and Riley were in another car waiting to trail us. Everyone else had gone home and were on standby waiting for us to call after the babies were born, so they could see them.

"AGHHHHHHHHH!" I screamed out in pain.

"It's okay, baby." My mom cooed in my ear, and patted the sweat on my forehead with a napkin.

August had started the car, put it in reverse and started to back up.

"Augustttttt" I groaned in pain.

"Yea, baybeh?"

"Stop the car." I said between quick and short breaths.

"Why?" He looked over to me.

"Stop. The. Car." I growled.

August put his foot on the breaks, and put the car in parking gear.

"I don't think I can make it to the hospital." I breathed out.

"Aight. I think I know what to do."

My mother got out of the back seat, and opened my car door wide. August came in front of me, helping me remove my underwear. My mom stood on the side of him and gave me her hand to squeeze.

"Jesus!" She yelled and snatched her hand away. "Okay let me see what's going on down there, okay, hunny?"

"Okay."

I slid down to the end of the seat while August stepped to the side. Yala lifted up my dress.

"Oh my God, I can see a head about to come out." Yala spoke.

Yolanda came around to see.

"Oh ma Gahd." August said in shock. "You okay, baybeh?" He asked concerned, and came closer to hold my hand.

"Do I fucking look okay August?" I growled while clamping down on his hand with my own, but he didn't flinch.

"My bad. But if you see yo shit right na'-"

"You did this to me." I scowled.

"I'm sorry."

"What's going on?" My dad asked while he and my brother got out of his car.

"She's having the babies now." My mom informed them.

"Now, now?" Nate asked.

"Yes!" She answered.

"Stephen get towels, I'm going to wash my hands so I can catch the babies, Nathaniel call the paramedics. Yalannah try not to push yet, baby. August stay here just in case she does. Yolanda, I need a bulb syringe aspirator-"

"A what?" Yolanda asked.

"It's the thing you squeeze to get the boogers out your baby's nose." My mom informed her.