Eighteen

I spy a new character 👀.

FunFact: Lourdes Rodriguez will be playing Riley and Lourdes is Actually Yolanda's (Bahja Rodriguez) real sister.

____

Nathaniel

"Baby, you look so nervous." Riley spoke.

We were in the parking lot of my Lil sister, Yalannah's, apartment building.

"That's because I am nervous, Ley. Ion know how she'll react." I stressed.

"Well didn't it go well with your older sister?"

"Yeah."

"Soooo, what's the problem?" Riley looked at me.

"That was different."

"How so?"

"Yolanda Is older than me. She knew me when I was a baby. Yalannah is younger than me and I know she doesn't remember me as vividly as Yoyo did. But I remember her."

"Well the longer you wait, the more excuses you're gonna find to not go inside so just do it, baby."

"You're right." I ran my hand down my face. "Come with me."

Riley looked at me like I was crazy. "What? No. I'd rather stay in the car again 😊😊😊"

"Please, I need your support."

"Fine. Did you tell Yolanda about me?"

"Nah. It slipped my mind. I didn't expect her to have two precious daughters."

"Yeah Jordyn and Rolanda. I wanna meet them."

We got out of the car and walked into the building.

I knocked on the door and a tall, lanky guy opened the door.

"Wazzam, may I help yuh' ?"

I looked at Riley confused and she looked at me the same way.

"Sorry, I must be at the wrong door." I stated.

"Dat depends on who ya' lookin' fa'."

"My little sister."

The guy studied me. "Is ya' name Nathaniel?"

My mouth dropped. "Yeah. How-"

"Yo sista' wouldn't happen ta' be Yaya?"

"Aug, whose at the door?" My beautiful little sister showed up at the door.

I stared at her noticing everything and I saw my name on her necklace and it really warmed my heart.

"Hi, i'm Riley." My girl waved at Yaya and shook her hand.

"Hey. Um, not to sound rude but who are you guys?"

The guy she reffered to as "Aug"looked at her like she was crazy.

"Girl, you'on kno' yo own brotha' when ya see him?"

"What ?" Yalannah looked at me strange.

"It's me Yaya."

She looked at me. "No. You're not my brother. I don't know what kind of sick joke this is but my brother was kidnapped over a decade ago! It left my parents broken and it's the reason my sister and I have an anxiety disorder!" Tears streamed down her face. "We looked for him forever and the police said to give up. Either Nate was taken out of the country or worst, murdered." She started to shake and August picked her up and she wrapped her legs around his waist and he rubbed her back calming her down. She was hysterical.

Seeing her like this brought tears to my eyes. I didn't think I meant so much to her since I was taken away from my family when I was four and she was only two years old at the time.

Knowing that she wasn't gonna believe me, Riley told me to call my other sister.

Yolanda picked up the phone. "Hey bro-"

"Yoyo, Yalannah is not believing that I'm her brother. She's hysterical."

"Give her your phone, let me talk to her."

I handed my phone to Aug and he put it by Yaya's ear since her arms were wrapped around his neck crying into his shoulder.

After Yoyo convinced her it was really me she calmed down. She was no longer in a good mood so I just gave her a hug, telling her I loved her to death and that I'd see her soon.

Riley and I were driving back home. "That's why I was nervous." I looked at her. "I wished I was never abducted." I sighed. "Next, gotta see my parents when they get down here."

__________

August

After Yaya's brother left, Yoyo came over to deal with Yalannah. I was in shock. I didn't know that had happened to their family. Why she never told me this? I'll ask her one day. Today is obviously not the day.

I wish my brother could come back into my life, but he wasn't kidnapped. He was murdered in cold blood.

I held Yaya's face and kissed her lips softly right in front of Yoyo. It brought a smile to Yalannah's face.

"Ima' see you lata', aight?"

She nodded.

"You sho you skraight?"

"I'm fine, August."

"Am I missing something?"

"No." Yaya and I said in unison.

"Yal just kissed like yal together."

I chuckled and proceeded to leave.

"You nosy." I heard Yaya telling Yoyo.

When I got home, I seen that Christopher had called me earlier.  Now that I wasn't busy, I hit him back.

"Hello?"

"Wus' goodie, woe?"

"Ima get to the point."

"Dats how I like it."

"Will you hire Michael?" Christopher questioned.

I chuckled. "So you mean mista steal ya bitch can't steal a check?"

Christopher laughed. "You wrong. But seriously."

"Ion kno, mane. Fuck I look like hiring the nigga that stole my girl?"

"Do you want her still?"

"Fuck no. That ship been sailed. I want Yaya but it's tha principal."

"I know but he need the money fam. He got a baby on the way and I know how much money that can be. Pleaseeeee bruh."

I sighed. "I'a see what I can do."

____

This book use to take forever to get a decent amount of reads! I honestly had no motivation to update quickly. Now I kinda do☺. Patience is key.

- Love Dee 💘