Thirteen

Yalannah

I contacted August earlier. I was ready to "kick it" with him today. I stood outside waiting with my shades on and soon his suburban turned into the parking lot.

"Wazzam, Ya?" August asked while grabbing me in a tight hug, his long arms wrapped around my slim waist.

I cant. Dis tew much.

"Hi Aug, what's the move?" I smiled up at him. My heart fluttered at the fact that he still hadn't let me go.

"I'on kno', Ma. Whatchu' tryna do?" He let me go.

I thought about it for a moment. "Boomers?"

"What?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"You don't know what boomers is!?" I asked, astonished.

"I'm not from 'round hea', Baybeh. You forgot already?"

Did he just call me baby? *Dies*

"Oh yeah." I blushed. "Well can I drive since you don't know where it's at?"I smirked.

"You not slick, Yaya. You just wanna' drive this big body." He pointed to the Chevy.

I shrugged and held my hand out while he dropped the keys in my palm.

He opened the door for me and helped me climb into the suv. He walked around and got into the passenger seat. I buckled up and he did the same. I backed out of the parking lot and drove towards boomers.

"So what is dis boomers place about?" Aug raised his eyebrows.

"It's really cool. It's like a huge arcade with a bunch of games on the inside. On the outside, there is a rollercoaster and go carts."

"Damn, I kno' you luh' dis place. You hella' cheesin' ova' thea'."

I laughed. "Yeah, my parents always use to take me, Yo and Nate here when we were young."

"Das' yo brudda', right?"

I nodded.

"Why you neva' really talk about him?"

I shrugged, becoming uncomfortable with this subject.

August seemed to noticed and changed the subject instantly. "If this place as dope as you make it seem, I'a bring my nieces."

"They will love it."

***

"You are so competitive!" I yelled at August.

"You think so?" He smirked.

"I know so! You beat me in everything! You cheater." I crossed my arms.

"Shut up." Aug laughed. "Don't be a sore loser, Yalannah."

"Don't tell me to shut up. You were the one who needed to shut up. You were screaming like a teenage girl on the rollercoaster." I bursted into laughter.

He straight faced me. "Man, heights ain't fa' me. Real talk. Never Again."

"Awwwe, you scared of heights?" I cooed.

"Hell yeah. I'm good on tha' ground. I'an lose nothin' in tha' air."

"You should've told me." I whined. "I would have never asked you to go with me." I pouted.

"I'm aight. I'm alive." He chuckled.

"Barely." I referred to him almost jumping off the ride.

"What was dat?"