Sixty

1 month after baecation to Honduras.

"I can't believe they all negative I said," My eyes filling up with water. 

"I don't undastand eitha." 

"Like how is that possible?" I said while looking at four pregnancy test that all read the same thing.

"Well you want me to go to the doctor to see if it's me?" Aug said. "Maybe I have a low sperm count or somethin'."

"I don't think it's you. My period has always been irregular. Maybe I can't have kids."

"Whoa' don't get ahead of yourself." Aug gave me a hug and started to rub my back. "We can both go to the doctor and get checked out to see what the problem is."

"Okay," I sniffled. "I just really, really want kids. "I know we have Royal, but he isn't with us half the time and we didn't even get to see him since his birth and all that stuff. I want babies with you, where we get the luxury of picking their names, decorating their rooms and all that good stuff."

"I get it. I want the same thing."

I called my sister crying, and I explained to her that August and I have been having raw, also known as, unprotected sex ever since our trip to Honduras, and I did not show one symptom of being pregnant and all the test read negative.

"What the fuck? That doesn't even make sense." Yolanda spoke on the other side of the phone. "Mommy has me, you and Nate, I have Jordyn, Rolanda and JJ, Nathaniel has Honor, My point is, everybody has kids except for you and Aug. It can't be our genes, it gotta be his."

"I don't think it's hi-"

"But what if it is him? Y'all are married. How the hell you gone have kids, Yalannah?"

"I called you to calm me down, not stress me out, Yolanda."

"I know, I know. You're right." She sighed. "I just know how badly you want kids and I want you to have everything you want, sis. You deserve it."

"Thanks, summer girl. Love you. Talk to you later."

"I love you more. Bye." She hung up the phone.

--

"How was the doctor's?" I asked August when he walked through the door.

"Good." He asked while kicking his shoes off and placing them in the designated shoe box.

"What happened?" I asked while closing my laptop, giving him my full attention.

"They just checked a bunch of shit. They told me to go in a room and cum in a cup." He chuckled.

"Ew." I giggled. "Was there dirty magazines inside?"

"Yep. But I ain't need that. I watched our tape." 

"You have that on your phone?" I squealed.

"Yea. I watch it often. We needa make another one."

"I'll think about it." I smirked. "Anyway, when will you get the results back?"

"Few days. You made your appointment?"

"Yea."

"Want me to go with you?"

"Yes." 

"Aight. What you wanna do in the meantime?"

"I started watching this show my mom put me onto called "Wentworth", It's so good. Watch it with me."

"What it's about?"

"Women in prison."

He sucked his teeth. "What can possibly be so good about a bunch of bitches in jail?"