Forty

Chandra & her daughters in The MM.

August and Christopher looking so good in the do you mind video. I linked it to this chapter lol so watch it over and over.

___

*Five Months Later*

August

Loud banging on our front door had awoken me from my slumber.

"Ya." I nudged her but she didn't move. "Baybeh, wake up." I tried to wake her up again.

She turned to face me and opened one eye tiredly making me laugh at her. "You expectin' somebody?"

"Huh?"

The loud banging occurred once more.

"No." She shook her head. She sat up, looking a little frightened.

"Stay up hea', till I say come out. Matter fact, go in da bathroom."

She nodded and clumsily walked into the bathroom. When she first wakes up, she was always like this.

I went downstairs to the front door. I looked through the peephole and sighed with relief. I ain't have to kill a stupid muhfucka today. I opened the door to greet Chandra and her three daughters.

"What yal doin' hea' this time of mornin'?" I asked, hugging her.

"I missed you and da girls did too. We juh visitin' for a few days. We just got off da plane." She explained.

"Oh well, aight. You could've told me doe. I would've picked yal up." I informed her.

"We got an Uber." She told me.

"Okay." I got their bags and brought them to a guest room. "You could sleep in this one and Chay, Noonie and Kaykay can sleep in da room across from this one."

"Goodnight, uncle Aug." They said in unison.

"Goodnight, my lah tired baybehs." I laughed at their drowsiness.

My nieces gave me individual hugs and went into the room to go to bed.

"Night, Aug."

"Night, Cha." I gave her another hug, then proceeded back to our room.

"Yaya, you can come out now." I told her.

"Who was at the door?" She asked while coming to lay down.

"Cha and da girls. They stayin' for a lah' while."

She frowned. "Oh, that's great."

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Yalannah."

She sighed. "I know your nieces love me, all of them. What if Chandra doesn't like me? Her opinion matters to me."

"I think she'a luh you just like I do because your flawless baybeh." I told her.

That instantly brought a smile to her face and she crawled to me to kiss my lips repeatedly. "That was sweet. Thank you."

"It's true. Climb on top of daddy."

She rolled her eyes but got on me anyway.

--

Yalannah

"You goin ta' work?" August asked me

"Technically, yeah. I'm going to get my hair done instead of doing hair." I spoke.