Forty Two

Remember that year long chapter skip I warned you guys about? Well it's here. I was gonna add another chapter to put in between but nah. Hopefully, you enjoy this chapter 😊💕
___

Yalannah

*One Year Later*

"Baby?" I looked at August who was engulfed in his phone.

"Yea?" He asked.

"You coming inside?"

"Nah, i'a wait out hea'. Tell Katy I said wazzam." He said not bothering to look at me.

"Oh, um okay." I shrugged it off. "Come on Royal."

"Bye G Daddy." Royal waved causing August to finally look up from his phone and smile at him.

"Bye, lah' man. I'a see you soon, aight?" He held his fist out for Royal to dap.

"Aight." Royal nodded and bumped fist with him.

"Oh lord, August." I rolled my eyes, giggling.

"What?" August laughed too.

"Nothing." I shook my head at him.

I picked up a four and a half year old Royal and took him and his belongings up to the front porch, ringing the door bell.

Of course Katy opened it and greeted me, calling me the nickname she gave me when I was little.

"Princess Fall."

"Good morning." I gave her a hug.

"Hi, Grandma." Royal greeted her, as she took him from my arms to kiss his cheeks.

Since he was older now, he pronounced the word more correctly.

"Yalannah, can you come in for a second." She said in a sad but serious tone.

I was just supposed to drop off my god son but I guess this was important. I nodded and closed the door behind me.

"What's up?" I asked.

"I just wanted to inform you that Royal is no longer going to be staying with me." She sighed.

"What?" I asked, shocked. "What do you mean? You're his grandmother. Where is he going to go?"

"E'kaj is his father. He has more rights than I do." She spoke.

"Why is he relevant? He's incarcerated." I replied.

She looked at me and sighed. "Not anymore."

"Are you trying to say that he's out?" I asked, disbelief heavy in my voice.

She walked into her living room and I took that as a hint to follow her. When I did, I immediately froze.

E'kaj was sitting on the couch looking in my direction with a smirk on his face. He looked at Royal, who was still in Katy's arms.

"Why you letting my son stay with her?" E'kaj asked, slightly irritated.

"Daddy?" Royal looked at him, trying to recognize him.

"Yeah, it's me. Give daddy hug." E'kaj held his arms open.

Royal got down from Katy and ran over to E'kaj.

"What are you doing here?" I finally was able to speak and move.

"I did my time, baby; two years is up. I came to get my son." E'kaj shrugged, kissing Royal's forehead. "What are you doing here?"

"He's my God son. I always spend time with him." I frowned. "Where are you taking him?" I asked, slowing falling apart. I've become so attached to the little boy.