Two

August

I answered my ringing phone without checking the caller id.

"Helluh?"

"Babe, Where are you?" I heard Raylene's voice.

I sucked my teeth. "I'm on my way, Ray."

"Can you buy me something while you out?"

"Whatchu' need, mama?"

"I want you to buy me a pair of suede pumas. Preferably the navy blue ones."

"Aight." I said while doing a u turn because footlocker was in the opposite direction. "Why you need 'em fa?"

"They go with the outfit I'm wearing to the concert. Don't tell me you forgot the weeknd's concert. You the one that bought the tickets."

"I definetly forgot." I shrugged even though she couldn't see me.

I had bought her those tickets because she begged me. She wanted me to go with her but that ain't my scene and she knows that. Even though the weeknd my nigga, it's too much people in there. So Raylene decided to take her friend Amber. I ain't got a problem with that.

I pulled into Footlocker's parking lot.

"Well I didn't, so hurry up and get my pumas." She said with to much attitude for my liking.

I hung up on her ass because I was bout to snap. I got out the car and strolled into the shoe store.

"Hello, may I help you?" A bad, lightskin chick with her hair braided down asked me. Her name tag read Julia.

"Yeah, I'm tryna cop a pair'a Pumas, the suede ones."

She nodded. "What size?"

"Size 6 1/2"

She looked at me funny.

I bursted into laughter. "It's fa' my lady, not me."

"Oh!" She laughed along with me. "They are over here, though."

She turned around and led me to the part of the store the shoes were at. My eyes roamed her figure and finally landed on her fat ass. I nodded my head in approval.

"They right here."

"Aight, thank ya."

She nodded and made her way over to a boy asking him if he needed help. I noticed a sexy chick trying to reach a fuchsia suede puma but she was too short.

I walked up behind her. I reached up and grabbed the shoe with ease. She turned around. That's when I recognized her but I don't recall from where.

She stared at me before smiling. "Thank you, Aug."

"No problem. Whea' I know you from?" I questioned.

"Umm, you came to my salon with your girlfriend like two weeks ago."

"Yaya's hair salon, Right?"

"How you remember the salon but not me?"

"Raylene won't stop talkin' bout tha' salon. She had ha' frens, Amber and Chanelle, ta go and get they hair done thea'."

Yaya nodded. "I'll thank her for that."

She sat down and took off her right nike roshe to try on the puma.

While she was doing that I waved Julia over. "Can I get these?" I pointed to the navy blue ones.

She nodded. "Six and a half. Right?"