Thirty Nine

Keep that picture in the MM in mind, I changed the Twix to Hershey's cookies and cream bar though.

___

Yalannah

I got dressed in a brown bikini while Aug put on swimming trunks and a shirt. I stuck my feet in some gold sandals and made sure we both had towels.

"You got your gift?" I asked him while I pulled a summer dress over my swimsuit.

"It's in my trunk." He informed me while I picked up my gift.

"Okay."

We arrived at my brother's house and Stephen opened the door.

"Hi, daddy." I smiled and engulfed him in a hug.

"How are you?" My dad asked me.

"I'm fine." I smiled.

He turned to greet August and we entered.

"Where's Nate and Ley?" I questioned.

"Your mother took them out. She's bringing them back when everybody's here." He told me.

"Who else is here?" I asked.

"A young woman named Chanelle and her family."

"Alright."

Aug and I put our gifts on a table. His turned out to be large speakers. He always goes all out with gifts. I love that about him.

I looked at the banners and the balloons and laughed. They were basically going to do this again with Riley's shower coming up soon.

We walked through the living room, and went into the backyard where Chanelle, Christopher and Royalty were.

"Nelle!" I yelled.

She turned around and sprinted to me, tackling me in a hug.

"Hey, bih." She giggled. She turned to August hugging him as well. "Aug." She greeted.

"Wazzam, Nelle?"

"Nothing, we just got here." She informed.

Christopher was in the pool already playing with Ro.

We all walked over to them.

"Hi, Chris." I waved.

"Hey, crybaby." He greeted.

My mouth fell and I looked up at August. I hadn't expected him to be mean.

"Christopher Maurice Brown!" Chanelle yelled.

"Chris." Aug said in a stern tone.

"I'm just playing with her, sheesh." He told the both of them. He mumbled something under his breath before greeting me correctly. "How are you, Yalannah?" He smiled.

I rolled my eyes, ignoring him. "Hi, Princess ro." I waved at her and she smiled at me and then splashed her daddy causing us all to laugh at Chris.

"That's what you get for being mean." I laughed at him.

"Queen has arrived."

I spun around to see Jaylen, in his pink swimming trunks matching his now pink hair.

"Hey, Jay." I gave him a hug and Nelle did the same. Aug and Chris said quick hellos before going back to their conversation.

"Y'all tryna get in the water?" Chanelle asked us.

"Not yet, I wanna wait for everyone to get here first."

I noticed that there were tables set up outside filled with snacks and coolers next to them filled with all kinds of drinks. "I'll eat though."