Fifty Three

Yalannah

Chandra and Travis called August over to them, when the proposal was over. After I calmed down from the excitement of being freshly engaged, I walked over to my Parents, Yolanda and Chris.

"You guys knew Aug was going to propose to me, didn't you? That's why you were recording."

"I had to help him pick out the ring."

"You did an amazing job because the ring is gorgeous and it fits perfectly." I said while hugging her. "Thank you, summer."

"Of course, I knew. He had to ask me for your hand in marriage. He did it the traditional way. I really like August." My dad spoke.

"So that's the real reason he called you guys down." I smiled. "I am so lucky to have him."

"Aren't you glad we caught that moment on camera?" Chris asked.

"Of course I am. Matter of fact, I want that footage played at the wedding."

"I got you." Chris spoke.

After a few more moments of conversing with them, I walked over to my bestfriend.

"You okay, Jaylen?" I asked.

He was literally in tears. He dabbed his eyes with a tissue and stood up to give me a bear hug. "I can't believe I witnessed my bestfriend get proposed to."

"I can't believe it either. Thank God my nails were done." I sighed with relief.

"August knew better than to try you like that, suh. Now lemme see that rock."

I held out me hand and showed him the rose gold ring.

"Wow, this has got to be the sexiest ring I ever seen." Jaylen said while sliding the ring off of my finger to get a better look at it.

"Well Yolanda picked out the ring but I Can tell August had the extra diamonds on the sides added."

"I'm sure he had something to do with the engraving too."

"There's an engraving?"

"Yeah, on the inside."

I grabbed the ring and looked on the inside. 'Yalannah Autumn Alsina' was written. "Oh my God, I love August so much." I said while sliding the ring on my finger.

"Shit, I bet you do."

"I can't wait to start planning, Jay."

"That's the best part of every wedding to be honest."

"I know right."

Just then Nathaniel and Riley came over to us.

"Sis!" Nate yelled. "Congratulations."

"Thanks." I smiled and gave my brother a huge hug.

"Congrats," Riley told me. "I am so happy for you."

"Thanks, Ley."

"We were just about to head out because Honor is so cranky. It's his past bedtime now."

"I understand." She handed me Honor so that I could give my nephew kisses and say goodbye."

Everyone who had small children started to leave. I caught Katy right before she walked through the front door with Royal.

"Katy!" I called out.

Katy and Royal both looked back. When Royal saw me, he came running to me and I picked him up and put him on my hip.

"Princess Fall." She grinned at me. "I wanted to say Congrats but you seemed a little preoccupied."

"That's fine. That isn't what I wanted to talk to you about." I assured her.

"Well then what is it?" She asked curiously.

"It's about Royal." I spoke seriously.

"Oh you want to get back to spending weekends with him. Of course you can."

"It's not that either, Katy. August and I want full custody over Royal."

"What?" She asked surprised.

"I know it's soon but since he lost both of his parents Aug and I think that we are perfect to fill that void."

"Um-"

"You don't have to answer now. You can have time to think about it." I told her.

"No."

"What do you mean no ?" I asked confused.

"I love you, Yalannah. You've always been like a daughter to me. And August is obviously a great man but I have to say no."

I decided to put Royal down because my blood started to boil. "How the hell you gonna say good stuff about us and then say we can't get custody over him?"

"Yalannah let me exp-"

"Explain your way to the door. Bye." I said before jogging upstairs.

I decided to make myself a bath. I got the warm water running and I tossed a bath bomb inside the tub. I took off all my clothes and stepped inside the water. I sat down slowly and started to relax. Today had been such an incredible day and I didn't want to let what just happened ruin this day for me. Forty five minutes or so August came up looking for me.

"Bae!" I heard him call out.

"I'm in the tub!" I yelled.

He walked into the bathroom and sighed with relief.

"How long you been in hea'?"

"Bout five minutes."

"Want me to join you?"

"Yes, Please."

August stripped down butt naked and got in the tub with me.

"Baybeh, what's wrong witchu'?"

"What could possibly be wrong with me, August? Today is the best day of my life so far."

"Yaya, look who you talkin' to. You think I'on know when some'n wrong witchu?"

"Well you didn't know that day when you saw Reiona and you got so hype about her and forgot about me." I shot back.

"That was one time. I am fuckin' human, Yalannah. I'on even know why you bringing that up. What did I do this time?" He questioned.

"I'm sorry. You did absolutely nothing wrong. I'm just kind of angry and I'm trying to fight it because I don't want anything to ruin this day but it's hard, baby." I broke down and started crying.

I really wanted custody over Royal. I regret not forgiving Kaliyah for sleeping with my boyfriend at the time. Now that I have August I really wouldn't even care if them two was together or not. Plus a beautiful little human came from that bad situation. I just wish that I was there for her. She was in the hospital dying and she was too scared to contact me because of what I told her. The way I release that guilt is by being a mother figure to Royal.

August hugged me from behind and kissed me on my cheek.

"Talk to me, mamas. What happened?"

"Katy said we couldn't have custody over Royal." I whined.

"Well why the hell not?" August asked, getting upset himself.

"I didn't let her explain. I told her to get out." I sighed. "I guess I should've let her explain but I was really mad."

"Well it don't even matta'."

"Huh? How come it don't?" I asked confused.

"After we get married, we can make our own fuckin' baby at our honeymoon." He smiled and started to nibble on my ear causing me to grin.

___

Aight so, i'an edit this. I'm way to tired. I had to get up and catch the bus to go to the library and I spent hours typing this so yeah. You guys better vote! 😭 I'm going outta my way to make sure you guys get weekly updates. 😊

- Dee 🌹