Chapter 18 ~Followed... twice?

"Damn who knew the hidden leaf had this many volumes." I ready through a few of the more recent bingo book, seeing who's been doing what crimes. To be quite honest, nothing really was that interesting.

I closed up the book, placing it  back on the shelf before leaving and waving softly towards Risa. I walked down the streets, it was getting late and not many people were roaming the around.  

I turned a street rather suddenly, but fell back as I collided with someone. Simultaneously falling back and landing on my ass.

"Well that was pleasent." I remarked as I looked up to see who I had quite literally ran into.

"Um sorry about that, how troublesome this is." The kid with the spiked hair spoke, offering his hand down to me. "Kritanta right?"

"Yeah, Kritanta Astara. What's your name?" I questioned, ignoring his hand as I pushed myself off the ground. "Shikamaru Nara."

"Please do watch where your going next time Nara, later." I flicked my wrist as I pivoted on my heel. Walking away from the seemingly bored boy. I continued walking taking in the beauty of the village, something I don't do very often.

I managed to make my way to some training grounds before I felt Karliahs presence.

"What's wrong Karliah?" I questioned, looking her up and down. "Princess you're being followed."

I closed my eyes and pushed chakra through my feet. "So it appears I am, why not surprise them."

A small smirk graced my lips as I used the chakra to jump into a tree above me. Waiting as a familiar Nara entered the training area.

"Seems he followed me," I whispered to myself. I watched as Karliah approached from behind him, her fangs visible.

I wrapped my legs around the branch, then let myself be overcome by gravity. I was flipped upside down right in front of Nara.

"Gah!" He exclaimed as he fell back, rubbing his side as he looked up at me.

"Why were you following me? Do you work for him?" I question my tone deadly serious. I reached for my sword, quickly realizing it wasn't in my hilt. Damn where did it go?

I flipped off the branch landing smoothly on my knee. "What no? No I work for nobody, you dropped this earlier when I bumped into you."

He outstretched my sword to me, I glared at him, confused as to why he was returning it.

"You followed me to give me my sword?" He quirked an eyebrow, what was his deal. I was nothing but rude to him, why is he giving me my sword back? "Yes, I didn't expect to be ambushed by this wolf."

"Karliah back down." She did as commanded and was by my side in seconds. "Of course princess."

"What a drag." Nara muttered before pushing himself of the ground and once again pushing the sword in my direction. "Can you just take this so I can be on my merry way."

I snatched it quickly from his hands, and slide it into my back hilt. "You know a simple you're welcome would be nice Kritanta."

"Bold," I said. "You're one of the people who dare call me by my first name."

"We graduated together aren't we friends?" He rolled his eyes, seemingly annoyed by our prolonged conversation. "Quick to assume things Nara, I can tell you have intelligence beyond your years. Would be a shame if you lost it all now."

I was behind him quickly a kunai ready to slit his throat. "But I also mustn't over step my welcome, I am still being watched."

I sheathed the kunai before I mounted onto Karliah. "For what it's worth, thanks Shikamaru."