Chapter 90~ Kimimaru

I got into position, the sun above our heads as we closed the gap between us. 

"And of course now that we need them Jirobo and Kidomaru are nowhere to be found." I heard the red-haired sound ninja say, placing down the coffin in front of her. 

"Sorry just us!" Naruto pulled out a kunai holding it in front of him. The fake shadow, Kiba and Shikamaru were at his side. I kept moving forward, maneuvering my way towards the front of the path. "Who needs those guys! I can handle them myself!" 

Sakon lunged forwards shouting as he made his way towards the three. They broke their line formation and got ready for the incoming attack. Shikamaru and Kiba distracted the Sound Ninja, whilst Naruto and a clone got to work on creating his Rasengan. It was the same jutsu that he used against Sasuke during their fight. I took this to get into my spot, the two would have to get by me if they wanted to proceed any further. 

Sakon got a hold of Naruto's arm, Kiba coming from behind with his fang over fang. He barreled into the Naruto clones, revealing that all of them were just shadow clones the actually three hiding amongst the tree line. 

I watched carefully, drawing the hilt of Midnight ever so slowly. Shikamaru's shadow managed to get Tayuya as she realized what was actually happening. She turned to see Shikamaru standing there with his hands clasped together. I nodded drawing the blade fully out, holding it by my side in my left hand. 

"Tayuya don't just stand there! Get that guy!" Sakon shouted as Kiba dashed forward, snatching the coffin from next to the red-head. I diverted my eyes from them as Kiba threw the coffin to Naruto. "Time to pull out guys!" 

I flinched as the two activated their curse marks, no pain coming but the sheer power is still enough to shake me. They moved forward chasing after them. I took initiative, flashing to Shikamaru. I stumbled as the bombs went off, I felt someone grab my arm as I steadied myself to keep pace. 

"How troublesome." 

"Yep just rub salt in the wound." I rolled my eyes at the male, turning so I was facing the explosion. I darted my eyes back and forth, which way would one of them come from. I heard the loud whimper Akamaru let out. 

"You didn't think it would be that easy would you?!" Right, the two-headed ninja came from the right. I sprang into action, jumping in front of Akamaru before he could be kicked again. I looked down to the paper bomb that was about to go off. I picked up Akamaru and looked at Kiba who was coming our way. 

"Hold on Buddy." I muttered as I threw him backward, Kiba nodding as he catches him mid-air. I placed my hand on the paper bomb, using chakra to stop the burning of the paper. Sakon came hurtling towards me. I picked up the half-burnt bomb, he came in for a punch against me. 

"Why you!" He seethed, his anger begging to show on his face, I caught his hand in my palm. I let a bolt of electricity reignite the bomb. Crossing my fingers and muttering a few words I was able to evade the damage and land next to Shikamaru and Naruto who were watching with wide eyes. I sat on the scoffing, letting my legs dangle over the side. "Kiba and Akamaru should be just out of range. I was able to stall the explosion briefly." 

"I can't see them!" Shikamaru shouted as we looked into the black smoke that the explosion had caused. "What's happening! Where are they?" 

"AHHHHH! Give that back!" Tayuya came from the smoke, lunging forward. "Kiba and Akamaru are still missing, what do we do?!" 

"And we have another one to deal with." I muttered, rolling my eyes as she came closer by each second. "There's no other way I'll have to deal with this one. You and Kritanta take the coffin and carry on with the mission." 

"Shikamaru..." 

"Naruto go, I was to prevent any casualties, quite honestly Shikamaru isn't my squad leader and I don't have to listen to him. Grab Sasuke and get moving." I jumped off the coffin, bringing my sword to a defensive position next to Shikamaru. 

"Fuck!" I shouted as a large presence appeared overhead. I bounced back, pivoting in time to see the coffin being kicked away from us. The white hair and the under eyes immediately confirmed who this was. "Sorry, looks like I miscalculated."

"Kimimaru," I said under my breath, he turned his seal present on his exposed chest. "You were taking too long Tayuya. Then look at you, you somehow look less intimidating than when we last met." 

"How are you here? Your body should be..." Tayuya began to quiver under the pressure he gave off. They went back in forth, completely ignoring us. 

"I've had a taste of Lord Orochimaru's magnificent dream and this vessel is an important part of this dream, it has the flesh Lord Orochimaru desires. But you have taken too much time retrieving it." 

This is unfortunate, if what he's saying is true and is able to use his power more freely we could be in for some misfortune. I need to buy time, figure out a way to confront this logica-

"You jerk! You're babbling nonsense! I'm taking Sasuke back now!"

"Naruto! Wait a second!"  

Tayuya leapt into action, stopping Naruto dead in his tracks as he tried to approach Kimimaru and the coffin. She hit him with an uppercut, sending him stumbling back. Shikamaru jumped down, catching him from falling any further. Kimimaru grabbed a hold of the coffin, looking at me blankly before continuing forward. 

"You rodents I'm going to end this in a flash!" She shouted pulling out a flute from her robes. The two below me started conversing. I jumped forwards colliding my fist with her stomach. 

"It's three on one we have the advantage! If we gang up on her we've got a good shot!" Shikamaru started yapping nonsense, it was most likely just a facade so Naruto could get an opening to move forward. "They are nothing but flies, you're going to be the hard one Astara." 

"Keep telling yourself that," I mumbled side-stepping as the two boys came charging in. Naruto went overhead as Shikamaru clashed flute with Kunai. I jumped back in, sweeping her legs as she looked at Naruto. Shikamaru went in with his shadow possession, but she caught on quickly. 

"You sure talk some big game, but you fell for the oldest trick in the book." Shikamaru smirked as she landed on a tree branch about fifteen feet away from us. "You morons got some nerve!" 

"At least we bought enough time for Naruto to get away." I ran my hand down the blade of my sword, cleaning the black metal of the grime it had accumulated, swiftly I sheathed the sword back where it belongs. "I'll get as close as possible, cover your ears if she tries to do anything with her flute. Just try and hit her with your shadow possession." 

"Alright." 

"Then's let's do it."