Chapter 1 ~Escape

Just as a heads up im editing this book whole writing it! So if the chapter has a title you'll know that it had been le edited. Thanks y'all for making me get back into this book!

Run! Nothing can stop them, they won't stop until each member of the clan is dead." Tears slipped down my cheeks, staining them. "My beautiful daughter nothing can stop you, as long as the stars guide you."

"Daddy, I don't want to leave you." I said, my voice cracked underneath the sobs that escaped my five-year-old body. He pulled me into a tight embrace. "Run be the last survivor, the entire clan loves you, Kritanta. Your mother and brother are still out there, be sure to find them. Never forget the Astara clan."

"I love you too daddy." I sobbed as he pulled back and picked up his sword. We split, I ran in the opposite direction as he did. I ran as quickly as possible, running faster than I ever have before. Each step away from the village another tear fell, the village was in shambles, houses burned, the entire thing was a massacre.

I ran until I dropped, I rested beside a tree. Catching my breath, before I could run again. "What are you doing all the way out here?"

I looked in front of me. I quickly jumped to my feet, his tongue was long. "Who are you? What do you want from me?"

"Your father sent me to get you, he said to take care of you." I dropped my guard, if father wanted me to go with him it's what I should do.

"May I ask your name?" I looked into his eyes, his eyes were empty. "You can call me Orochimaru, I am going to make you so much stronger than you could ever imagine."

"Okay." I smiled lightly, I was finally safe.

Little did I know, this is only where hell began for me. How much more naive could I be. He turned me into a weapon, one that could counter the kyuubi's power if I so wanted to.

Six years later. I am fed up of being here, killing people, following orders. That is something I despise, this place I despise.

Tonight was the night I escape, the time to finally leave this hell hole. I gathered everything I needed for at least five days. I walked out of my room and towards Orochimaru.

"Good morning Kritanta how can I help you, if I recall you have today off." He said in confusion. "Yes that is true Lord Orochimaru, I request permission to go to the small village a mile from here and get some supplies."

"What time will you be returning." I hated every second of this, he thinks he is so powerful. He turned a five-year old into a killing machine. Six years and I have yet to look for my brother and mother, where they could be was beyond me. "Before nightfall my lord."

"Very well, be back as quickly as possible. You're dismissed." I bowed and walked out the door, keeping my cold demeanor up. I left without a word, as I exited the base I passed Kabuto.

I picked up my pace and was now in the woods, as I drew farther away from the base, I called out to my guardian. I pulled out a book from my back pouch and looked at the title. Astarantu. My clan's kekkei Genkai.

It consists of six stages, three of which I have mastered.

1.) Quick movements. Obtained six years ago when I ran from my home.

2.) The Star Guardian. Mine took form as a wolf when I went through my first 'test'. As Orochimaru called it.

3.) Talking to animals. Got from taming the guardian.

4.) Heightened Senses, which I don't think I've obtained. 

5.) Is a unique ability, never known which one. However, I haven't unlocked it yet.

6.) Harness the power of the stars, in clan history only three people ever achieved it. Half of the page is burned, however, I don't know the reasoning.

My summon, a white wolf. Whose name is Karliah. "Yes princess?"

That named bothered me, however she refuses to use no formalities. "We are leaving, as fast as possible."

"Understood, hop on princess." I nodded and steadied myself on the wolf. In the woods, he ran, faster and faster picking up the pace.

"Head in the direction of the Astara compound. Stop at the nearest, and smallest village on the way." I ordered, my face deadpan not showing any sort of emotion. "Why there?"

"If I want to look for my brother and mother, that seems like a good place to start." I explained to the white wolf, sighing as if the answer was obvious. "Understood."

"You know you don't have to be so formal." I said in a monotone. "I know, but it goes against my training that every master is to be called appropriately."

"Whatever." I sighed and looked into the pale blue sky, it was clear. Not a single rain cloud in sight. Before I knew it I was asleep on my guardian.

"Wake up princess, we are at the village you requested." I was violently thrown off the back of Karliah. "No need to be so aggressive."

"My apologies, but you weren't waking up." I pushed myself off the soft ground, taking my first glance towards the small village. "When I said small village I meant more than five houses."

Karliah rolled her bright blue eyes, and used her snout to nudge me closer to the village. 'They must have supplies around here at least."

"Fine." I gave in and walked towards the village. It looked like death itself had been through this village, yet few people stood out of their houses and ran stands.

Quickly I walked over to a food stand, they seemed to be selling various fruits and vegetables. "Good evening miss, anything certain I can get for you?"

I looked the man in the eyes, studying his every movement. I locked onto his friendly gaze. "Can I have your best fruit, make that ten of them."

His eyes widened, has no one ever bought fruit from him before. I placed a bag of coins on the stand counter. "Is this enough?"

"Please take that back, that is far too much for some fruit." I opened the bag and took three coins back. He bagged my fruit and put the entire bag of money in the bag.

"You sure you don't want any money?" I asked and looked into his brown eyes, what was his plan. "No your kindness has been enough for a small town like this one."

I nodded and went to return to Karliah, who insisted on staying outside the village. As I was about to leave the bag of coins, fell onto the floor.

"Wait miss you dropped your bag!" I slipped away, ignoring the man's cries. They need it more than I do. I hopped onto to Karliah's back and vanished into the setting sun.