Chapter 3 ~Graduation Evaluation

"PRINCESS WAKE UP!" I was awoken by being thrown out of a tree. "The hell was that for,"

I landed on my two feet and looked at my guardian. "My apologies princess, but you are going to be late for the academy if I hadn't woken you up."

I groaned slightly as I got ready for the day. Nothing fancy, the same clothes that I had on yesterday, just added my sword and pouch.

I hopped onto the back of Karliah. "Don't get to close to the academy, I don't want the others knowing yet."

"Under your command princess." I nodded as she dropped me off, about ten minutes from the academy. "Stay low unless summoned."

She nodded and with that said and done she faded. I walked to the so called academy in utter silence, seeing a couple other kids rushing to be the first ones there. "Come on slow pokes we have the graduation exams today!"

I observed the hyperactive kid, no features seemed to stand out, in fact he was quite ordinary, however he seemed to be at least two years older than me, which I am eleven. So probably not the same class.

The school seemed to be a decent size, nothing made the building spectacular, but then again it is a school for upcoming ninja.

I walked inside the building, searching for somebody, anybody who could tell me which room I was in. After waiting a few minutes I decided to just take a guess and enter a classroom.

I said open the door, seeing a teacher, I hope, with brown hair and a scar across the bridge of his nose. I walked over to him, gave him a small slip of paper.

"Class we have a new student! May you introduce yourself." I sighed and looked towards my new classmates, this is pathetic I bet none of them even know how to climb a tree.

"My name is Kritanta Astana, I am eleven years old." I said with a deadpan look. A boy with spiked hair, tied neatly into a ponytail raised his hand. I raised my eyebrow and looked towards the teacher. "He has a question, why don't you answer it."

"Why do you have a sword, do you know how to use it?" I shrugged and pulled my sword out of her sheath. "Why would I carry a weapon that I was unsure of how to use it."

A boy with bright blonde hair stood up in excitement. "Thats so cool!"

I put my sword away and looked towards the man. Who motorbikes towards the group of students, another hand raised from the group. This time it was a bit with brown hair and a dog sitting on his head. "Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?"

I quirked a brow at his bold question, smirking as I opened my mouth. "Nope, because I came from hell. Burns covered my body as I escaped from down below."

I saw our so called teacher face palm, he already seemed frustrated with my sarcasm. Too bad this is the last day with him, would if liked to have aggravated him some more.

"My name is Iruka, and you may sit where a seat is available."

I nodded and sat next to the blonde haired boy. That happened to be the only open seat in the classroom.

"Hi my name is Naruto! I am going to be the greatest hokage ever!" Excitement was sent all throughout his body. He is going to be one of those always happy kids, great. Note the high levels of sarcasm. I looked around the room, a group of girls were staring at a guy who played the 'too cool for you' role.

I rolled my eyes and sunk back into my seat, when can the graduation start. On cue the man known as Iruka spoke up. "We will now begin with the exams in alphabetical order. Starting with,"

He paused to look down at his piece of paper. "Shino Aburame!"

A kid with glasses and a hood stood up and followed Iruka. If I remember correctly the Aburame clan specializes in bugs. Not much time went by, since my last name is close to the beginning, I happened to be third, right after a Akamichi kid.

I was sent to a exam room where Iruka and some white haired shinobi was. "Are you sure you are ready? You can always wait until next semester."

"Don't tell me how to live my fucking life, what do I have to do?" I looked him dead in the eyes, no emotion even graced my face. "Create clones."

How many? He didn't say may as well make a few. In seconds at least four dozen shadow clones were in the tiny exam room. "Is this enough to pass?"

The white haired man's jaw dropped and nodded. Iruka had some sort of satisfied smirk on his face. "Alright Kritanta Astara, you are hereby a genin of the leaf, if your sensei let's you pass that is."

"Fair enough, so can I just leave?" I asked him, he nodded slightly as I jumped out the window. "Tomorrow you will get your squad and sensei."

As I left I decided to wander the city. It was very lively, everyone seemed so nice to one another. It almost reminds me of the Astara clan, before their downfall that is. Library may as well be my first stop.

I walked into a what looked like a library, I walked over to the front desk. Where a women about the age of fourty sat. "Hello young lady, how can I help a young one like you?"

"Good morning to you too, I was looking for anything you have on the Astara clan." I asked her, my eyes empty. She studied my features a little longer. "My my not a soul has asked for those books in almost five years, after the downfall."

"Yes well I enjoy reading about former clans, this one seems like a good one as well." I explained as the lady rose from her chair, her smile never faltering. It's probably fake, nobody can be that happy. "I have only seen those eyes once before, almost fifteen years ago that is. You have the same eyes as hers, isn't that right princess of the stars."

My eyes faltered for a second, before I pushed her up against the wall. My other hand dangerously close to one of my katanas. "Tell a soul and I will personally rip you limb from limb."

I let her down almost instantly, knowing I still had A BUSY on my tail all the time. "I promise not a soul, Sachi's daughter."

"How did you know my mother?" I looked her square in the eyes, maybe she had a lead on where she was residing currently. She came by this very library, looking for directions, she had a baby. I believe the name was Rin. The new heir to the Astara clan. She was here looking for directions to the Hokage tower, two days later the leaf and Astara had an alliance."

She knows my mother and brother, or did for that matter. Fifteen years ago Rin was only a year old. Which is a baby, she could only possibly know that if she did meet them. "How do you know the baby's name was Rin?"

"Simple, your mother had told me. He was the newly born prince of the Astara." She explained, I sighed and looked towards her this needed to end now. "Sorry to waste your time, just point me in the direction of the books."

"Not a problem sweetheart, visit anytime. I am sorry about your losses." Her smile faltered as she grabbed my hand and shook it slightly. So no leads on them, as far as she knows they're dead.