Chapter 107~ Babysat

Darkness.

Was I even awake? Where was I? My fingers were stiff as I tried to curl them. 

"Her pulse is spiking, Lady Tsunade." It was rather high-pitched and seemed familiar. Haruno? No, it's Sakura, we're friends. I'm Kritanta, and I might be blind. 

That's right I lost my eyes sight due to inflamed cells caused by mass chakra surges. And I might be blind. A sudden urgency welled up inside of me, my body hissed as I tried to sit up but couldn't. "She's waking up! Hey relax Tanta, you're fine." 

"I- I can't see, my eyes won't open." I felt a hand pressed against my forehead, keeping me from sitting up. "We think the surgery was successful. However with this being brand new to anyone the side effects, healing time, and outcome are all unknowns." 

This voice was different, the feminine sounding voice undoubtedly belonging to Tsunade. Raising my hands to my face I felt the fabric wrapped around my head. Got it, bandages are keeping me from opening my eyes.  An unusual amount of panic began to settle as I couldn't sense my guardian.

"Where's Karliah?" The state of my voice even shocked me as I felt my heart rate elevate inside my chest. It was like I was missing something. 

"She left with Shikamaru, her concern was distracting for Lady Tsunade." I felt a soft hand clasp around my shoulder, slowly I let out a shaky breath. Two arms encased my frame as I felt a head on my shoulder. "You're safe now Tanta, I'm so proud of you." 

I felt a weird tension in my eyes as Sakura was talking. 

"Don't smother the poor girl Sakura," Said the girl jumped back from the comforting embrace and I could only imagine how much she had changed over the two years. Truth be told everyone had to of changed in some way or another. I'm assuming that most people also got a rise in rank meaning most of the genin were probably chunin at this point. 

"Can I go home?" I was quick to ask the two medical ninjas. "You do realize you just had a major procedure, right?"

"I understand, but I also feel physical well enough to go home. I don't think I need to stay." My lips turned downwards at my distaste for the hospital atmosphere. I felt Tsunade's sudden pause before lowering, I assumed she had sat down. "I've prescribed you eye drops and medications that need to be taken daily. Your bandages should be changed every time you take eye drops. This was all explained to Sakura who will relay the information to Shikamaru. You can do that right Sakura?" 

"Of course Lady Tsunade, I'll escort her home as well." From the sheer tone of their voice it was clear that they were both exhausted. "You won't be alone for the time being. The experimental procedure has unknown side effects and you need to be constantly monitored by Sakura or Shikamaru, you can't be stubborn about this either." 

"I'm being babysat?" 

"For a lack of a better term yes." The Hokage took in a deep breath. "And your letters will suffice for the moment, but in the following days, I expect an in-depth report of anything and everything you experienced." 

My brain quickly flashed to the bingo book I had, the contents being my thoughts and information that probably outpriced any of the people in there. I could extract more information from there and include it in the final report. "I can do that." 

"Thank you Kritanta, your efforts won't be in vain. I owe you far too much to ever be repaid." Her voice had elevated in pitch ever so slightly as she showed her gratitude. "I'm glad my work was sufficient." 

"Wouldn't need to be if you were never asked to go on the stupid mission in the first place." I laughed as Sakura voiced her complaints rather loudly. Her steps became louder as she walked towards me. "Besides it's over and I'm fine now." 

"You might think you are," She placed a finger on my forehead, "But that takes far longer to heal than any of your flesh wounds." 

"I'll be fine, eventually." I settled on, which seemed to put an ease to her. I felt her hands tug at something in my arm, probably an IV judging from the pinch as it was removed. "Also do I have my regular clothes?" 

"Karliah brought some, and I'll let you go home. But I expect you to get rest, understand?" Her elevated tone disappeared as I heard her walk towards the door. "Yeah, I got it." 

"Rest well Kritanta." Her presence got further and further away as I felt Sakura continue with moving things around. I felt a cloth material being placed on my arms as Sakura ran towards the door. "Get changed and I'll grab those eye drops and meds so we can get out of here." 

She was out the door before I could respond. Now to figure out what I was given. I picked up a piece of clothing and tried to identify it. This was going to be harder than it seemed. 

"Fuck!" My leg missed the hole again as I tried slipping on my shorts. Letting the hospital gown hit floor before slinging a sports bra over my head followed by what I think was a t-shirt. The pain in my abdomen and shoulder still lingered as I moved my torso.

"Are you alright?" My body instinctively turned to Sakura's voice and I deadpanned. "Fucking peachy, Pinky." 

"Okay, how about we get you home. I know where you live and think we'll encounter the least amount of people if we walk along the wall." Did she really think we were going to walk? AIn't no way in hell I was risking the fact that we could run into anybody. Especially since the village didn't know I had come back. I'd be attacked on sight. 

"Just hold on," I muttered, placing my hand onto what I think was her shoulder. "Flying Rajinn." 

"Or we could just do that." The atmosphere changed as I took in the familiar scents. "Took you long enough Princess." 

"Hi to you too Karliah."