(S2) Chapter 33 - Escape

Start from the beginning

As soon as she approached you, she study's you, shamelessly examining every part of you. She then sighs, her hand caressed your cheek before her lips turn into a smirk.

"This is for your friends." She slaps your cheek, your head flings to the side. Your ear rings a high pitch.

She then forces you to look back at her, she then growls again.

"This is for Jin." She slaps you even harder, almost making you fall if it wasn't for the men holding you. She then grips your hair, forcing your head to look up. Your body was becoming weak, you could taste blood in your mouth, the stings pan through your whole body.

"And this is simply because your group destroyed my home. If it wasn't for them, then Jin would still be mine. But you stole him from me, I thought I could forgive you since you did kill the man in charge, but I simply can't care less." She slaps you one last time, with all of her strength, you were limp, only a corpse with little energy.

You couldn't hear anything that was being said, everything became a blur.

Is this it? Is this how I die? After everything I've been through? I die at the hand of another delusional psychopath who is obsessed with the island.

But a sudden gunshot pierced the air, your body flinches awake. Your eyes shoot open to see the woman in front of you fall forward, along with the men behind you.

Your eyes look towards where the shots came from, and you almost couldn't believe what you saw.

"Mingyu?! What are you doing here?" You loudly whisper, your mind in utter disbelief. He runs towards you, pulling at your arm, helping you up.

"I can't explain right now, we have to go." He goes behind you, cutting the rope that held your arms together. You massage your wrists in pain when he asks.

"Can you walk?" You take a few steps then nod in approval. He then reaches for the men that he shot and grabs one of their guns, handing it to you.

"More will be coming from the back if they heard the shots. But the front is clear, we should have a chance then. Just follow me, be quiet and stay low."

You don't question anymore as he leads you down the hall, quickly pulling you into a room when footsteps could be heard racing down the hall.

You stiffen when they rush right past you, mingyu signals you to be quiet as he looks out, he nods and you follow him again down the hall as voices from the alerted guards echo.

"Sh*t, look around, she couldn't have gone far!" You bite your lip, trying to remain as quiet as you could speed walking down the hall. When the two of you finally make it to the front door he slowly opens it, checking around before approving.

It's only when you get outside when you finally see where you are.

It was an abandoned factory, near the coast. No other building was around and it was practically in the middle of nowhere. Only a dirt road lead the way. Tall, lush, green grass surrounded the area, almost as as tall as you were. Since it was dawn the sunrise showed off its colors of a new morning. The first time you saw it since you were taken.

"My car isn't far from here, only a 10 minute walk. But we will have to stay low. Undoubtedly they are searching everywhere already. They probably called in reinforcements as well." He tells you as he begins to crouch, hiding in the tall grass that surrounded the dirt road that lead here. Men already started to flock around, cursing and panicked.

"Mingyu?" You whisper, as the two of you crawl through the thick tall grass. He only hums in response.

"Do you mind explaining to me.. everything?" He chuckles at your plea.

"Y/n, I know you're dying of curiosity of what's happening. I think we should escape first before we talk about this. This grass isn't exactly soundproof."

"When we get to your car, you owe me an explanation of everything. Okay?"

"Alright, just be quiet now."

——

"Nova's dead."

"What?"

"You heard me, she was shot this morning."

"By who?"

"We assume it was her prisoner. Her name is Y/n."

"Find out where she is. We can't let her get away so easily."

"I'll send them out tonight."