ch. 34: Do You Love Me?

Start from the beginning

"I-I don't know.... I just...I was thinking about how I wanted to get back home, and get you to your home. Then about the Rabbit.... I didn't know this would happen." She spoke shocked. Jacob looked around and then at her, shocked and curious about her now. Just how strong was she really? Better yet, what was she really?

"Violet, the car was parked in Port Angeles.... now you thought of the house and the car and we're.... here?" he was baffled and Violet could hear the disbelief in his voice. She got out of the car and out of the garage, she needed air, she felt light headed. She inhaled deeply, until her lungs were to a bursting point, filled with air. She felt tired now, and she fell to her knees. 'Edward's going to kill me.', she thought before thudding completely onto the ground, unconscious.

How right she was. What more would the brother want at this point, he wanted to rip something to pieces. His whole being was filled with ripping waves of anger; as his whole body pulsated, he began to destroy tree after tree, nonstop. Alice desperately trying to calm him and wishing her love was here to do so for her. Alice was still shocked, occasionally throwing a glance at the spot where her younger sister once stood. 'She really loves him if she's willing to go against Edward in everything.' she thought sadly before speeding off to find Edward again.

"Edward calm down!" she said as she took a hold of his arm before he struck yet another poor tree. "Edward, stop." she said sternly now. Edward looked angrily into his sister's eyes, perplexed as to what could be so important to bug him right now. Too put herself at risk, because he wanted to strike the nearest thing at the moment.

"Why Alice? Why should I? She went as far as to threaten Bella!" he roared. Alice frowned, wrinkling her forehead with worry lines.

"Edward, Violet....she's smart. She wouldn't put herself at risk unless......she deeply cared for Jacob. Maybe we really should let them be together." she thought about her talk with Violette on their trip to Port Angels. Edward saw what she did.

"How do you know that?!" Edward gripped at his head. "How do you know he won't taint her?! She's...I need to be able to keep an eye on her...the Volturi..."

"The Volturi are taken care of Edward, they think she's one of us. The Volturi are after Bella and that's who you should be worried about, not Violette. Let Jacob do that." Edward growled, he'd never let the mongrel take his place as Violette's guard, he needed to protect her. He couldn't do anything for his mother, but he most certainly would never have to bury another family member. "Besides, Violette's right...she's well over a grown woman, let her err as she will." Alice spoke, demonstrating years of wisdom, but they just couldn't affect the hard headed brother. For someone who could read minds, Edward was neither level headed, nor open minded.

*Violet's POV*

I was in a dream, all this had to be a dream, there was no other explanation for it. I was in the forest and Jacob was there too, but he was playing with something. What it was I, just couldn't see, but he was happy, I could tell from how his tail wagged. Then suddenly the picture changed. Yes, a dream, no doubt. Then I felt something heavy in my arms.

A blanket, no it was warm. Speaking of warm, something wrapped around my waist. It was Jacob, his hair was long though? He looked nice, it showed off his Native looks quite nicely. He was looking lovingly at me and then to my arms. I saw something from under it though, it was moving now. A little patch of brown hair popped out from atop. Then, what I saw next, knocked the air right out of me. Big red eyes stared at me, a smile playing on the immortal child's face. It was a baby.

She giggled and called out mother. She could talk. Wait, I was her mother? Jacob! He'd know though!!! Those eyes of hers were a dead giveaway, no pun intended. Yet, something happened afterwards. The little angelic, and beautiful child had changed her appearance. Some color returned to her face, dabbing pink to her cheeks and her eyes turned into a clear blue. The clearest I had yet to see. She was precious. She opened her tiny little mouth to reveal a full set of teeth, which was odd since she looked no older than two months at the most. Then again, her talking in the first place should have done enough to shock me. She told me she loved me and I think I shed a tear or two.