"Let me guess, the man or woman she trusted turned her into someone who would think of them as low-life street workers."

"You got that right."

"I watch Law and Order: SVU and Criminal Minds." I am proud that I learn so much on crime television shows based on fiction, or are they...?

"Yes, her madam kept her like a hooker, on drugs and sex with every man. She was only eighteen."

"Then she stopped when you two met?"

"It wasn't easy for any regular man to buy a prostitute's freedom, but you guessed correctly. I rescued her from being someone's sex slave. I put that man in his place."

It shocked me that Odin's wife was a prostitute but what made my heart awed was how he saved her from degrading herself.

A real man.

He reminds me of Logan.

"It took quite some time for Lorraine to open up to me. She was worried I might judge her and her tragic lifestyle, but I gained her trust by being a gentleman and caring for her and her mother. We fell in love sometime that year, married, and have a son living happily together."

I bit my lips once again to keep my mouth shut from asking, but it came out. "How did she die?"

There was a long stare from Odin as his eyes slowly gazed down at the table. "I regret it," he said without looking at me as he talked. "My wife died because of me."

I didn't pressure how his wife died. It's making him sad. "What about your son?"

"When his mom died," Odin took a deep breath. "He and I argued a lot. He decided to leave me alone, and I didn't stop him. My son blamed me for his mother's death and has every right to be angry with me."

There was a long pause.

"For twenty years, I have not seen my son - have not apologized and told him how much I miss him." Odin let out a soft chuckle. "I bet he would kick me to the curb when he saw me. I deserve it if that happens. I'm the last person he ever wants to see. But I want to see him one more time."

Is he dying?

I know older people are aging daily, and some would have an issue, but Odin King looks young to die. He should stay a bit longer until his son is found.

Before I would speak my mind and prevent him from actually leaving to see the Lord himself, I felt the back of my spine shiver up as I looked around the cafe. I gaze from table to table, seeing the people enjoying their afternoon caffeine.

"Aphrodite? Something the matter?"

I sat back in my chair. "Yeah, just looking around for someone."

"Is that boy stalking you?" What he meant by 'that boy,' he told Logan.

"No, I told him I'm meeting you. He's cool with it."

"Then, who are you looking for?" He asked.

"Just..." last final look. "Just someone." Whoever it was, I could feel the sinister face glued on my back.

A phone chimed as Odin pulled out his phone, looking at the screen through his reading glasses. "Oh, it seems Ryan is back," he got up from his chair. "Need a ride?"

"It's okay."

"You sure? I don't mind."

"You don't have to. Logan will come back later after work."

"Okay, you make sure you go straight home." Odin sounds a lot like my-

My mind was cut off when I felt my phone buzzing as I looked at the screen, then smiled when I saw Logan outside.

"Don't worry, Odin; I will. Thanks for the date," I giggled.

"No, thank you," he bowed his head, removed his top hat, and walked out of the cafe. At the same time, he and Logan met at the door and gave a friendly pat on the shoulder.

"So, that's your date?" Logan and I greeted each other before pulling up a chair where Odin sat.

I wanted more of that kiss, but we were in public, and I didn't want everyone to be watching us as if it was some porn video.

I watched the senior man enter his expensive European car, with Ryan opening the door for him. "Yeah, jealous?" I pulled out my notebook and laptop.

"Nah, he's a good-looking old man," Logan did the same but had his history textbook out.

"Yeah, I feel bad. He's been looking for his son for twenty years, and he's not getting any younger."

"I'm sure you will find him. After all, he has that girly-looking bodyguard who looks like he's about to rip my balls out. I'm sure he will find him one day."

"Ryan is a silent but deadly type."

"Like Seth's fart? Believe me; he doesn't give a warning." He made a disgusting look and shook his head.

I barked a laugh. "Oh my god! Really? I feel bad for any girl, but he is just himself."

"How about you?"

"What?"

"Do you fart?" It was a bold question, especially coming from him.

I gave him a dull look. "Babe, don't ever ask a girl that. It's rude."

"Just asking." He grins. "Wonder if it smells like strawberries."

"You're weird, weirdo," I threw a ball of paper at him making Logan laugh.

I rolled my eyes as he chuckled. Logan got up to get his drink. I eyed the cashier eye-fucking him made me want to get up and mark what's mine in front of her, but Logan didn't seem interested, making the girl frown.

I let out a smirk and once again felt eyes on me.

I shifted my body and gave another go looking around Starbucks. I couldn't seem to find who was watching me. It didn't feel right, and I was getting a bit timid.

My heart was racing, and I had the urge to leave, but once Logan returned, he brought me a cake pop covered with pink icing and white round sprinkles - my favorite. I thanked him, and when he began doing his homework, he took a bit of his double-smoke bacon sandwich.

Slowly, I took a bite of my cake pop, averting my eyes side to side, ignoring that awful feeling and enjoying my study date with my boyfriend.