31: together

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Jaemin started bawling as soon as he saw Donghyuck and Renjun in front of his front door. He jumped into Renjun's arms, calling his name over and over again—before remembering latters feels and stepping back trying to be polite and not to hurt his feelings any further.

"It's okay, Nana. I know you don't have any feelings for me. Or any other male. I'll survive this." Renjun said and pulled his cute friend back into another hug. Jaemin cried even more. He told Renjun everything he felt bad about and he apologized for not being a better friend.

It took Renjun and Donghyuck almost half-an-hour to calm down the youngest of their friends until they were finally on their way to Jeno. Jaemin watched how nervous Renjun was fiddling with his shirt, while they were sitting in the subway.

"Are you that nervous to see Jeno?" Jaemin asked and Renjun nodded. "Before I tried to overdose myself I confused him a lot. With my words and my kiss. I don't know why I was selfish like that, but I wanted him to die with me together. But I have news I want to tell all of you, once we're together. That's why I am also very nervous."

Renjun looked at Donghyuck and Jaemin who simply nodded. "We're almost there," Donghyuck said and patted Renjun's hair before looking at Jaemin who was equally nervous.

The hospital made Renjun feel weird. He quietly followed Donghyuck and Jaemin to Jeno's room. Knowing he would see the boy he gave his first kiss to, made his heart flutter. Donghyuck knocked on the door and after they heard Jeno's voice they entered. 

Jeno widened his eyes when he saw Donghyuck and Jaemin enter his room. "Didn't I tell you I need a bre—" His voice cut off as soon as his brown eyes sat on the third boy that entered the room, after quietly closing the door. Jeno's eyes were fixated on Renjun who walked into the middle of the room and stood bravely next to Donghyuck.

"Hi, Jeno," Renjun said and Jeno looked at him, his eyes almost as big as plates. "You... You remember?" Jeno stuttered and fought with his quilt so he could get out of the bed.

Jaemin and Donghyuck watched Jeno with interest and saw how the depressed and suicidal boy stumbled over to Renjun and embraced him in a bone-breaking hug.  "You idiot! How could you kiss me like that and then try to overdose yourself?!" Jeno held Renjun tight, tears spilling out of his eyes.

Renjun started crying while looking at Jeno's thin form. "You look so thin." Renjun stroked his friend's cheek and Donghyuck could immediately see that there was more than just a friendly touch. "Jaemin, I guess he's over you," Donghyuck whispered and looked at Jaemin who looked at his two friends with a sad smile on his lips. "Looks like it."

Jeno cried, Renjun cried, Donghyuck had to fight with the tears in the corners of his eyes and Jaemin simply dragged all of his friends into a tight embrace. "I missed you guys. I missed you so much."

A/N: Hi guys, it's me. The author. Inês. Hi~

This chapter is the penultimate chapter. The next chapter will be the very last chapter of "Basket Case" and our adventure with the four 00's of NCT. I seriously enjoyed writing something like this and I want to thank everyone for loving this so far. I hope y'all ready for the grand finale. (I also have a surprise for you when the finale drops so stay tuned.)

Thank you so so much.

— Inês, 2018.09.14