05: monster

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

„He's asleep, be quiet!"

Jaemin entered his house and looked at his Mother. Her thin body leaning against the doorframe of the living room, almost like a shield so the boy wouldn't enter the room and do something stupid.

Jaemin eyed his Mum. She was wearing a worn out bathrobe and had a new bruise on her beautiful face. „He laid his hands on you." He stated and the woman looked down. "I didn't want to fight."

"So you let him take you without your consent?" Jaemin's voice got louder and a grunt came from the living room. "Be quiet, Dear. Please." His mother begged and stretched her arms out to her son.

With anger in his eyes, Jaemin stared at the bruises on his mother's arm and could only imagine how her body looked under the bathrobe.

"Why can't you just divorce him?" Jaemin asked and took his coat in his hand again. "Jaemin!"

„No, Mum. I don't want to be home when he wakes up and tries to kill you." He sighed. "Just get divorced ok?"

His mother watched him slip back into his coat and leave the flat. A sigh on her lips.

Jaemin walked out into the night sighing. "Where should I go?" He sang before grabbing his phone and looking through his contacts.

A number burned in his eyes and he bit his lip. He had never called him before. "Call me when you need help. I come and try to find something."

His friends didn't even know Jaemin had started to seek help from street workers. But he couldn't deal with his violent father anymore so he had looked up some help online and found a youth counseling team that was helping kids like him.

He sighed and dialed the number. A tired voice greeting him. „Hyung? I need a place to sleep tonight." Jaemin only said and looked down in embarrassment.

„I'll wait by the gate." The Male answered and hung up. With a sigh, Jaemin walked into the dark. Leaving with a guilt because he left his Mother out there with a monster.

His name was Do Hyunjin and he was a cool-looking man with a soft look in his brown eyes. He sighed when he looked down at Jaemin and saw the bruises on his face.

„What happened?" Hyunjin asked and led Jaemin through the apartment to an empty room.

It was an old house, who the Counselling Team used as a safe haven for kids and teenagers before they either get to an orphanage or a foster family.

„He got mad because my mum didn't want to sleep with him. And well he let it out on me once again." Jaemin sighed and Hyunjin shook his head. „We need to talk to your parents. Or at least your Mum. It can't be that a kid like you get beaten up like this every day."

Jaemin looked at him and shook his head. „My Dad would kill her if she'd seek help." The teenager stared straight at the street worker who sighed. „I got it, Jaemin. I got it."

Then he opened a door and let the young boy enter the bedroom. „Sleep well. And don't forget to go to school tomorrow, okay?"