16: park soojin

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

"Hi, I'm Park Soojin. You must be Lee Donghyuck."

A young woman was tilting her head and looking at Donghyuck with a warm smile that even reached her brown eyes. Donghyuck nodded and the woman sat down opposite of him. "I'm happy you called me." She smiled. "I heard some things from Jaemin so I know a little bit of your situation." She pushed a strand of hair behind her ear and gave Donghyuck an even warmer smile.

He was confused. The woman was so nice to him. 

When he called the Youth Counseling Team that was currently helping Jaemin with his Domestic Violence situation he felt like a complete loser. What if that rude asshole that was Jaemin's counselor would pick up the phone? Donghyuck couldn't wait to hang up on him.

But then a female voice had answered the phone and had asked what the issue was because Donghyuck kept quiet. A while into the phone call Donghyuck confessed that his Mother ran away and left him behind. And the woman on the phone tried to calm him down because all of a sudden Donghyuck had started crying.

She asked him to meet up the next day, so she could help him, find out about their next steps.

And now Donghyuck was sitting in front of a beautiful young woman with a warm smile. A smile, Donghyuck only knew from Renjun. And his mind immediately drifted to the young boy who was still in the hospital.

"Tell me about yourself, Donghyuck," Soojin said and Donghyuck nodded.

"I'm seventeen years old and I live with my Mum and my Stepdad in his mansion. Well, my Mum ran away yesterday. She left me and my Stepdad behind. My Mum and I ... our relationship isn't particularly good." Donghyuck made a break and sighed. "I think she hates me. I always make her agitated and she starts beating me then. It's not domestic violence!" Donghyuck quickly lifted his arms to defend his Mother.

"She just get's super annoyed with me and slaps me or hits me on the head. I am ruining her life." - "Did she say that?" Soojin asked but Donghyuck shook his head. "I love ruining her life. But now... I don't know how to breathe anymore. Mum is not home when I arrive from school and I don't know if I can stay with my Stepdad. He is not my guardian or anything." Donghyuck looked down.

"I feel so lonely. My best friend is in the hospital because I had a fight with another friend and I don't know what to do anymore. I have the feeling my life is slipping out of my hands. Yesterday morning when I woke up everything was alright. Mum was there to make my breakfast and Renjun had written a message but when I came home last night my life wasn't how it used to be."

Soojin nodded at his words and then smile. "How about we'll go and talk with your Stepdad first. Then we can try to reach out to your Mother." The woman explained. "If you feel uncomfortable at home, you can stay in the Youth Centre with Jaemin." Soojin continued and Donghyuck nodded. 

"If you agree on staying in the Youth Centre we have to get your stuff as well." Soojin sighed. "It's going to be a long day, Donghyuck-ah. Are you ready?" She smiled at him and Donghyuck carefully nodded. "I think I am." And so they left and headed to his Stepdads company.