29: sun and moon

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Renjun had to stay at the hospital for three more days until he was released and could go home. His mother picked him up, signs of tiredness showing on her face. She never thought her son would suffer from amnesia. The doctors have told her that it could go back to its normal state some time, but they weren't sure when. 

"This is our house, Renjun." Mrs. Huang said when she parked the car in front of the big white house with the floor-length windows and the roses that climbed all the way up to a tiny balcony on the first floor. "The room on the first floor is yours. Do you remember it?" The woman asked and Renjun only looked at the house, sighing. "No." He said.

Ever since he left the hospital, he thought about the three boys that had visited them. They seemed familiar. It was the same feeling Renjun had when he looked at the woman that was supposed to be his mother. It was something he knew his whole life, even though he had forgotten about it.

The same feeling was whenever Renjun's mind drifted afar thinking about the boys.

With a sigh, Renjun left the car and followed his mother into the house. His father, a tall and thin man hugged him and thanked the gods that they brought his son back from the dead. Renjun hugged back, without any feelings while his eyes scanned the living room.

There was a cozy fireplace, that was currently not turned on and over it hung a family portrait. Renjun walked up to it, seeing the man and woman that were his parents and himself, with a bright smile on his lips. His own arm was hung around a younger boy with a similar smile but two ginormous brown eyes.

"I have a brother?" Renjun asked and turned around to Mr. and Mrs. Huang. "You had a brother. He passed away four years ago." Mr. Huang spoke and Renjun nodded. "I see." Then he sighed and turned around. "I will leave for my bedroom. I need to rest." He said coldly and walked upstairs.

There were two doors. One of them was simply white and the other had a little chalkboard hanging on it, with his own name in Chinese letters. Renjun walked up to his door, looking at the other door, with curiosity. It must've been his brother's room.

Renjun opened his room seeing white walls and tidiness. Someone must've cleaned the room for him. The bedsheets were fresh and the frames on his desk were positioned neatly. "Ah? I'm that kind of a person?" He asked walking up to one of the frames. 

It had a picture of Renjun himself, holding a price in his hands. "Oh... I'm a good student?" He asked and felt a pain in his heart. "Ouch," he mumbled and let the frame fall out of his grasp. The glass broke and Renjun tapped his heart. "Gosh, that scared me..." His voice got quiet at the end when he saw that a different picture was under his own.

He knelt down, hearing his mother run upstairs. "Did you hurt yourself?" She screamed and barged into the room when Renjun picked up the picture.

It was a picture of him and one of the boys who had seen him at the hospital. They had drawn a sun and a moon on their cheeks and gleefully grinned into the camera. Renjun gulped, his heart beating faster. "Full Sun" he whispered and looked at his Mum, who he know remembered as a clingy and angsty woman.

"Mum, where's Donghyuck?" Renjun asked and his mother gasped and clasped his hands in front of her mouth.